Parmakit tuning 19mm phbg tomos

100 main 40 idle w7 needle at lowest setting (highest clip) 262 atomizer. A55 barely case matched parmakit cdi coil and 70cc kit stuffed crank. Malossi 4 pedal 18mm intake. 1.5mm spacer. I floated the ground so lights run off battery and have no resistor plugs I think. Took a while to get tuned. Still need to do plug chops. Seems good. I think I had to set timing all the way to the right I forget. Hope this lasts. The kit was sort of broken in. Happy its finally running. I have a 65 starter jet but it starts first kick w/o choke. Thanks to everyone that shared their similar setup.

15421629041971092076020.jpg
1542163013799386501566.jpg

Re: Parmakit tuning 19mm phbg tomos

fuck yeah, not nearly enough people build with that kit, awesome reliable and powerful kit. they make so much torque up top, you can gear that thing like 30x22 and it will just pull and pull

curios why you went with the single coil ignition and the parmakit box instead of the trigger style A55 with the Jog or something like that?

Hey, ya I looked at a lot of your posts. Are you still running yours with the ported transfers? I really don't know what coil you are referring to. Honestly, I am messing with the spark to try to get a hotter spark, maybe for eventually using some alternative fuel. I reallly don't know much about it. So I am actually using a non resistor ngk https://www.treatland.tv/NGK-spark-plug-BU8H-non-resistor-p/ngk-spark-plug-bu8h.htm

The parmakit coil comes with a wire. It might have a resistor. I assume that is what makes a curve, but I need to look that up. I have a different set up I want to do where I run it straight in with a 2 pedal reed and use a resistorless wire with the old a35 coil. What is so good about the a55 coil?

No, the A55 system uses an external trigger coil. A55 cases have the mounting point for the external coil, and it lets you use the cheap $15 Jog CDI instead of using a $70 parmakit.

The parmakit box is just as good. Spark and fuel aren't going to make much difference, check your timing with a light. Having the right head is going to be a bigger deal.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Are you running the parmakit cylinder, or the parmakit cdi box?

haha that is confusing

my A35 has the parma cylinder and a KTM cdi box, no curve but unlimited.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> haha that is confusing

>

> my A35 has the parma cylinder and a KTM cdi box, no curve but unlimited.

Did you have to weld material for the transfers? Or did you only have to bore the case? How does it perform?

It is both the parmakit cylinder and also the parmakit coil/cdi box.

both

I had to get an a55 (says a52) case with wider transfers and more material. No bore just a little dremel on the sides. did it with the crank in and everything.

It seems to perform great. shifts very smooth seems to pull all the way through. But like I said, I haven't done plug chops. I haven't done much testing. Its cold now.

> Jusitn rothfeld Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I had to get an a55 (says a52) case with wider transfers and more

> material. No bore just a little dremel on the sides. did it with the

> crank in and everything.

My bad, i had it confused with the Puch parmakit. LOL

Wait wait wait wait......is this the puch Parma Kit or a different one?

Is it the 70cc a35 reed one?

I was Just confused.

If it is the 70cc Reed one did you need a base spacer and countersunk head? Just information seeking here.(edited)

its an a35 parmakit. Does anyone use some kind of flow program to help design like a super stock jug. any good links to ported stock a35 cylinders? Thanks.

I am pretty sure it is only a 1.5 mm aluminum spacer and maybe a thick headgasket. didn't deck anything.

the a35 parmakit is a a35 kit, the puch parma is a piston port, totally different.

a35 parma is a monster but nobody ever builds them. like some kinda secret. they have huge transfers with split ports, very nice intake design, its basically like the alukit but ported way better. super well designed cylinder. tunes up easily, good torque and power across the rev range

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-moped-a35-70cc-parmakit-kit-p/tomos-parmakit-70cc-kit.htm

you can build up a35 transfers with a tiny bit of JB weld and make it work. they might even seal up without additional material, but way easier to just pickup a cheap set of A55 cases and be safe. lots of A55's laying around that blew their guts out

actually I am pretty sure I used no head gasket.

So I think it's 4 stroking at over 1/2 throttle. I am going to down jet to 98. I did the choke test and it doesn't increase rpm.

It also doesn't start without a jump I I am going back to the 60 starter jet. Not sure what Idle I have in now. might try 45 idle jet.? Not sure what I am going to do because first half throttle seems fine.

I got a dos temp kit to install. Also have a treatmetric 1st gear to put on. Was thinking about trying to run it straight in with a 2 pedal reed and up to 19mm intake.

I only one extreme case of fuckery I changed a starter jet. Probably get it right with idol and main. On the PHBG I prefer the W9 needle. It seems to have a smother transition.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account