Case matching

I have yet to kit any of my V1's and I see a lot about "case matching". I did a search and looked through SOME of the 556 posts containing the phrase. So for idiots like me and newbies, can somebody explain or point to topics as to what case matching is and does?

Re: Case matching

It's all in the wiki

Ok, so it's all about smooth airflow around new gaskets and/or performance heads...

On a v1 you do not need to case match for a polini kit

That's great to know. So Treats has that kit for $500+ that comes with piston, cylinder, rings, intake, carb, exhaust, etc. Any reviews on that? And, can it be installed WITHOUT delving into the bottom end?

If you have never kitted a bike before. Just do one thing at a time. Too many variables can leave you very bummed out with a not working moped.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you have never kitted a bike before. Just do one thing at a time. Too

> many variables can leave you very bummed out with a not working moped.

Kit or no , do one thing at a time . Much easier/quicker to diagnose any problem when there is a single change made .

Not much sense putting walls up before the foundation is in place .

Yes you don't need to case match on a V1.

You should however pull the case down and replace the crankshaft bearings and seals.

if not the bearings will more than likely start making noise if you can get it to idle because your crank seals are leaking.

And I suggest that you put the Blue Springs on the clutch and you also need to look up the thread about welding the pens and the crimp on the stock clutch are the extra torque and vibration will destroy the clutch assembly in time.

and you will need the time it to the new specification of 21 degrees instead of 23 which is on the factory mark on the flywheel so you just need to move over 1.75 m m on the original mark on the flywheel towards TDC and check your timing with a timing light before reassembly I suggest that you also installed new points and condenser.

doing the above things will leave you with a very dependable moped that you should be able to ride 4 years without any difficulties unless of course you do something really stupid.

I mean after all you're right it home okay

> Crazy Wayne Wrote:

> doing the above things will leave you with a very dependable moped that

> you should be able to ride 4 years without any difficulties

Exactly 4 years.

clocks runnin', 3 years 364 days, 19 hrs, 22 sec..... remaining

This was a very informative video about case matching.

> CtpEDsHED . Wrote:

> clocks runnin', 3 years 364 days, 19 hrs, 22 sec..... remaining

Shit he better hurry!

Rocco did ya not see the above posts my dude....ya don’t have to mess with V1 cases. The transfer is mainly in the kit itself.

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> > CtpEDsHED . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > clocks runnin', 3 years 364 days, 19 hrs, 22 sec..... remaining

>

> Shit he better hurry!

>

> Rocco did ya not see the above posts my dude....ya don’t have to mess

> with V1 cases. The transfer is mainly in the kit itself.

No I didn’t see that post, I scanned thrue it fast to see if someone post similar content. But I don’t see the kit matching up perfect on every case, so case matching wouldn’t hurt same with the gaskets. Plus he asked about case matching In general so I posted a great explanation video about case matching & maybe he wants to port the transfers. educating so one is not bad what they do with it is.

I like girls but I think Dirty dillion is cute!?

Blue is pink and pink is blue

Cheetachrome

Dirty30 Dillon /

I don't understand what I have to do with this, but sure - thanks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account