Re: e50 Tomar clutch users

Ohhh sorry I was half asleep earlier. Let us know how it goes!

Kevin Bishop /

Nice bell it looks beefy. Do tell where you scored that. I have a cheap Chinese clutch but no bell. Been meaning to put it on my metra65 for years.

Emailed you

Are you guys running these with the circlip that holds the bell in? I got a secondhand tomar, and test fitting it on the crank it sits deep enough that the circlip groove is covered up by the clutch hub.

Todd is that why you had that step cut out on the back of the clutch hub or was that a result of it grinding itself out? Were you just running shims & thrust washers between the bell and the clutch, or what were you doing to hold the bell in place?

I haven't looked at the kids ktms to see how or if their bells are held in place. But right now I'm thinking machine a bit out of the clutch hub, so there's room for the circlip & stuff to fit.

IMG_20181221_225542573.jpg

todd amundson /

Yes that is the wrong backing plate for E50 application that you have there. I don't know what it fits. It's hardened but you could grind it out with a Dremel.

Do you run the circlip on the outside of the bell gear? From looking at diagrams it looks like the ktms don't have one, or a groove on the crankshaft for one

In my experience in the past, slop in the bell has led to main gear getting chewed up, so running without the circlip seems sketch. That was on helical gear setup tho

straight cuts won't have that side loading that would make that circlip necessary but there's still that bit of hesitance about not tryna bust up expensive straight cuts

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account