Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Andrew Fairhurst /

OK can someone tell me how you can increase rmp and tourqe separately on a standard 2hp cylinder and the principles behind it in a brief overview.

I would like to understand how it works please in simple terms.

Cheers Andy.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

they r tied together forever. unless u take the drive chain off, hmm all rpm n no torque.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Tuning your ignition/timing and getting rid of the stock pipe and airfilter will do miracles to a stock Maxi....Tecno-Circuit pipe/ mesh filter....

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

> Andrew Fairhurst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> OK can someone tell me how you can increase rmp and tourqe separately on

> a standard 2hp cylinder and the principles behind it in a brief

> overview.

>

> I would like to understand how it works please in simple terms.

>

> Cheers Andy.

It’s really not that simple, for instance you could have a really high rpm cylinder with no bottom end torque and that’s usally what happens. Torque motors are chocked up at the carb and exhaust while high rpm motors have high flowing exhaust and carb. High compression motors will rev out quicker but the cylinder pressure will be to much for high rpms

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

It can be simple if you understand two stroke port durations and how they correlate to the exhaust pipe dimensions. The best u.s. spec e50 I had was a za50 magnum 2h.p.dykes ring cylinder(#11?) top end on an e50 intake port opened to 14mm and exhaust to 22mm. Widened the intake ans exhaust 2mm and ran 2nd of spacing with a counter sunk head. Pipe was a 6p and it fucking jammed.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Andrew Fairhurst /

OK thanks cheers I will reword it.

How do I get more rpm out of a stock cylinder. I'm having a go a porting my standard 2hp cylinder. I have had a go before but didn't go into detail with it, I basically widened and raised my exhuast port and inlet port to the edge of the chamfers, I then opened up the transfers in the cylinder and case matched, the piston I removed 2mm of the intake skirt and widened the transfer openenings on the piston to match the transfer ports in the cylinder,fit a dmp 2.0 stuffed crank, set squish at 1mm, I opened up the standard 14mm bing intake, up jetted the carb, fit a circuit pipe, set the timing at 17 degrees btdc ran 15:45 gearing and it would do 40mph on the flat.

So now I want to take it a bit more advanced and gain more than I did with my last go at it,and do my best to understand all the technical side of it, I'm starting with a untouched e50 2hp cylinder and head again.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

^better than what ive been able to accomplish. to hit higher rpms i'd get a straight pipe not the circuit mess w the header length and cut a couple finger ports.

20180715_163400.jpg

i really dont remember what moped i did this too.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Looks like a 103 jug, should have gone all the way down the skirt with those, otherwise it isnt working to its full potential on a case inducted set up.

Back to the o.p.

Get yourself a super maxi/korado cylinder. It is soooo much nicer in everyway; 6 ports, very big transfers, large boost port and is aluminum with a cast iron liner. Other things worth noting is angled port exhaust and some have an offset intake. I'm running a lightly ported one with an hpi and a 6p and 13x45 gearing, top speed is in the mid forties.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

the Supermaxi wasn't a 6 Port.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Andrew Fairhurst /

I want to learn, I have built kited puchs before, I just want to better my skills and understand how it works, my current bikes are a maxi n 74cc pp 61mph,and a 50ccajh 47mph,anyone can bolt somthing bigger and better on, just want to learn how and why it works.

Screenshot_20181231-205904.png

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Andrew Fairhurst /
Screenshot_20181231-210017.png

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the Supermaxi wasn't a 6 Port.

99.9% sure it is, the that one I have is.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Then it's not a Supermaxi Cylinder, the Supermaxis always had 4 normal Transfers and one wide Boostport over the intake.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

> Andrew Fairhurst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I want to learn, I have built kited puchs before, I just want to better

> my skills and understand how it works, my current bikes are a maxi n

> 74cc pp 61mph,and a 50ccajh 47mph,anyone can bolt somthing bigger and

> better on, just want to learn how and why it works.

Your pretty much there for mph on the 50cc the 74cc yea thats kinda slow but we don’t know your gearing,Rpms or how you want to leave the line & riding style. The e50 case itself could probably gain you more hp instead of fooling around with the cylinder

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

> Andrew Fairhurst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> OK thanks cheers I will reword it.

>

> How do I get more rpm out of a stock cylinder. I'm having a go a porting

> my standard 2hp cylinder. I have had a go before but didn't go into

> detail with it, I basically widened and raised my exhuast port and inlet

> port to the edge of the chamfers, I then opened up the transfers in the

> cylinder and case matched, the piston I removed 2mm of the intake skirt

> and widened the transfer openenings on the piston to match the transfer

> ports in the cylinder,fit a dmp 2.0 stuffed crank, set squish at 1mm, I

> opened up the standard 14mm bing intake, up jetted the carb, fit a

> circuit pipe, set the timing at 17 degrees btdc ran 15:45 gearing and it

> would do 40mph on the flat.

>

> So now I want to take it a bit more advanced and gain more than I did

> with my last go at it,and do my best to understand all the technical

> side of it, I'm starting with a untouched e50 2hp cylinder and head

> again.

Sounds pretty similar to a setup i was running almost 50 mph, same 15x45 gears. The biggest difference is the pipe.

Unfortunately most commercially available puch pipes aren't good for 50cc.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

^simonini works great on 50cc as long as the blow down isn't too high. Also had a shortend 4p thay ripped, 6p hits harder but doesn't have as much outside of the powerband.

Re: Puch e50 gaining tourqe and rpm.

Andrew Fairhurst /

Got Simonini on my 74cc piston port.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account