DUAL VARIATORS...MORE RATIOS...MORE GOODERIFFICK?

kevin Smellaflange /

PEUGUEOT 104 has a rear variator...why not more tuning along with the use of rounder lighter ceramic

ball clutch weights?

so you'll have 2 variators more usable ratios for hills & traffic lights take off...

stiffen the coiled spring with a rubber hose & longer bolt inserted with nuts tighten evenly...

count your turns so your spring is stiffened up evenly...adjustibility is key to personalization.

Re: DUAL VARIATORS...MORE RATIOS...MORE GOODERIFFICK?

By your post it sounds like you have zero idea about what you're talking about

Russell Huddy /

a 104 is single variated, 105 is dual variated

> Russell Huddy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> a 104 is single variated, 105 is dual variated

^^^^^^ what he said.

Megasaurass wRexckses /

Tighten ur nuts stiffens hose WAT?!

Single vs dual variated is like apples and slightly more complicated apples. The Peugeot 103 and tsm-r dual variated swing arm is kind of a novelty, yeah its cool and all to have two variators. But it also has, one drive belt, cogged intermediate belt and a chain too. More drag, worse final drive ratio, and ultimately less top speed. Maybe you could use a smaller rear sprocket and eek a little more out of it if you're running a higher torque 70cc setup. The 105 is a different engine all together though and nothing except the reeds, 5 coil stator plate and top end interchange, maybe the crank and variator too. Peugeot dont have ball rollers like Motobecane, they have led weights that are super easy to switch out for malossi/Doppler ones. Do some homework, you're over thinking it.

I basically read "I want a French Hobbit, but worse, less reliable, and more hacked".

Travis King /

If he has a BB104, it may be dual variated. The BBs had a trim option with a rear pulley with a cheap tin cover where 6 smaller springs acting as the contra. You can find springs to experiment with and adjust them.

(edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

yes the rear variator had 6 springs in it with the mod of the rear engine spring i was able to put the variator in a ''time out'' for a little while, i did keep the belt length

in mind so as not to smash the pullies together.

more ratios more gooderRiffic.

Holy shit... I feel dumber.

i call them "french variators" or "regular vaiators." on the setups commonly refered to as "dual variators," there really is only one "variator," the other pulley isn't really a variator all by itself... both pulleys together really make like 1 variator... but that's just like my opinion.

i used to think it would be cool to hack variators onto an e50. now i just think: get a hobbit.

i think the "dual" setups offer a wider ratio change...making them sort of "better," if you wanted to "dualify" a 103, i'd suggest just running a hobbit or vespa rear wheel with the reduction gearbox all ready to go.

Having a second variatior will divide the ratios in half. It's like an overdrive.

Let's say the variatior has 50 ratios

Adding a second variatior will add 50 more ratios for a total of 100 ratios but the 50 extra ratios are only in between each of the 50 original ratios.

You would need some very large variatoirs to make the most out of it

Travis King /

http://guy.meiller.free.fr/Documentation/BB104_1962.pdf

See page 3 for reference.

Easiest way to dual variate a french bike, if you can find one. But you are more or less stuck with stock clutch system, which make the hobbit route a solid idea.(edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

at the end of the front variators ability, then the rear larger pully style variator gets pulled hard enough to open the rear variator...et vola...more ratios, no cobbing

Wow I really want a 104

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wow I really want a 104

I haven't seen many 104's. I saw one @ Sabatinos last month, but I dunno if it's dual variated or not.

A 104bb is not the same as the one bababibo has. He has the little blue and white one. I have always like the 104 bb astetically, but had no idea about the drive train. There is supposedly one in a barn in mt vernon somewhere.

I'm gonna have to get in the French game. I gotta see what these are all about.

Josiah Radebaugh /

^Nah.. leavem all for me..;)(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account