pipes! circuit vs hi rpm "black dick"

i broke my 3rd circuit on my tomos the other day. it already has a ton of repairs done to it. i go through them. so i put my trusty homoet back on. it's like night and day! i prefer the circuit for down town stop and go blasting, but the homoet, as usual goes quite a bit faster. same tuning even. i've done this several times. like the changing of seasons.

for you noobs:

timo's tomos

44mm airsal ported

hi rmp thick base gasket/spacer

some roller crank..

modded stock clutches

stock gearing

15 sha, 88 jet

whatever pipe ya got

timed pretty hot

runs cool tho

goes like 45 with good accel on the churkit, 50+ with flat out bad accel on the the homo...(edited)

Re: pipes! circuit vs hi rpm "black dick"

biturbo n red springs r good

Tomos Homoet is an awesome pipe. I wish I had one for every bike I own.

Never had a circuit on my tomos but I have a similar set up. I was running an estoril for a while, switched to the hunter pipe which was awesome but I lost 5mph so I switched back. Now I got the homoet and won't go back. Still grunty in the low/mid but so dreamy screamy up top

I had a techno circuit on my Puch. Then I sold it and got a homoet p6 and it rips! Upto 11krpm

seems like everybody loves that top speed. i actually prefer the circuit. i do a lot of stop and go "down town" type riding, so the acceleration really comes in handy. i feel like 45 is respectable.

anybody else done both and like the circuit better?

The Homoet had really great stop-light acceleration with the hammer + red spring + yellow in second with an unported 45mm alukit at 31x26 (or 24, can't remember) on 17s. For some reason, better than the Estoril and better than the Tecnigas Next. Never tried with a straight up circuit though.

> mit mortso Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> seems like everybody loves that top speed. i actually prefer the

> circuit. i do a lot of stop and go "down town" type riding, so the

> acceleration really comes in handy. i feel like 45 is respectable.

>

> anybody else done both and like the circuit better?

hmm

i've never liked that tecno circuit on a tomos, i almost always build them with tecno estorils.

what's your gearing to get 45? second gear spring?

Im with Davidde on this one, the Tomo Homeot is my favorite pipe, its the perfect mix between the 4p and 6p, however I dont think you need a red spring, just a yellow in first, stock in second, I personally run 27x22 on 16's which nets me about 46/47 with good off the line, but my city riding, while light to light is still flat, maybe just drop your back, slap a 24 or 26 on it?(edited)

Top speed is where it's at around here. Traveling town to town, roads less used by cagers tend to be more open for blasting. City riding, like when we go to Hartford there is a lot of stop and go but my tomos has good pickup so it's never been a problem for me. 27x22, stock clutch springs, 16" wheels, I only overfill my trans about 250ml. I like the proma circuit on my grande because that thing was slow out the gate with any other pipe, sucker was heavy.

grahm, 22/26 gearing. 2nd gear is on a stock spring with a few loops cut off. like 5 or 7 loops...

estorils rip ass too. my roomate has one on his tomos. when i have my circuit, i'll get out in front for a little while, then he eventually creeps up and blasts me. i do pretty much the same thing back to him when i put the homo' on.

Wolf Wizard /

Hacked up weakends destroyer. Had to make a few custom cones. Stock 14:12 and stock intake, yellow second gear. Stock but ported to hell cylinder. (Thanks LGN lanc jud). Did 45 on a flat but terrible takeoff and uphill struggles.

Currently matching some new cases to put a 70 k star and 21phbg I got for a tattoo I did. Ganna try blue first and yellow second (I have them laying around) and get myself back up to 45 and cap it there by gearing. Complete rigid bike with narrow bars is scary going fast

8E30FF66-AEB8-4A8D-ACD2-ADCFA22B0610.jpeg

was that at swoops last year? i feel like i seent it someplace...

Wolf Wizard /

Me and two others from my club went to the ruffians rally, not the swoops though

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account