70cc kit increase

Hey y'all, so im new here and to mopeds, but now engines. I have been repairing and modifying cars and motorcycles for years. My question is how much increase in speed and performance is expected on a 70cc kit for an A3? And what other mods should i make? I want to max performance and speed, trying to build a little street racer

Re: 70cc kit increase

I've hit 48 with a a3

Category:Performance Tuning - Moped Wiki I'm still a new player but all the vets have sent me here when I first thought about mods this is a great place to start

No MPH increase unless you change the gear ratio... You must up-jet with better air filter...And Trail-tech temp gauge for insurance...

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No MPH increase unless you change the gear ratio... You must up-jet with

> better air filter...And Trail-tech temp gauge for insurance...

No way! you definitely get a huge boost in RPM with a decent kit.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> No MPH increase unless you change the gear ratio... You must up-jet with

> better air filter...And Trail-tech temp gauge for insurance...

Dunno what drugs you are on to not get a Speed difference without Gearing.

I built a bike for a Guy, was a 30kmh(18.whatever MPH) model:

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A35-airsal-kit-p/tomos-a35-airsal-kit-02210244.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A35-biturbo-pipe-p/biturbo-tomos-a35.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-SHA-14-14-carburetor-p/dellorto-sha-14.14-lever-01682.htm

Also drilled out the Intake to 14mm and got an easy 37mph out of it, with the stock Gearing, don't know what it was, but i just slapped on the Parts and tuned the Carb and ran it, was the first and only one i modified. But WARNING!!!! The stock Tomos Frames are made like crap, seen a lot of them Crack and even break at minor crashes, seems like they are made out of Styrofoam

To answer your actual Questions, you need:

-the Kit

-a 14-16mm Carb

-an intake that fits it, never use an Intake that has a smaller inner diameter than the Carb

-an Exhaust with a bigger Diameter, Tecno Boss and Biturbo for instance are okay for a normal bike build.

-Carb Jets

-A cylinder head that fits the Kit

also you will have to modify the Air Filter to take more Air, the one on the Bike i built had a flow restrictor.

If you like how the Bike runs and you got everything dialed in you can mess around with the Gearing if you like.(edited)

Thank you all, so 50mph isnt an unreasonable goal to shoot for?

if u really have an a3, then youll wanna get the reed especial for the a3, cuz it has a smaller 10 pin on the crank.

What is that?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

The Piston Pin, there were Tomos Crankshafts that accept 10mm Pins and 12mm Pins, need to wach out for that, a Crank made for a 10mm Pin won't accept a 12mm Pin, and a Crank made for a 12mm Pin will accept a 10mm Pin but won't run because it will have faaaaaaar to much Play in it, so for an Engine that has the 10mm Pin you need a kit with a 10mm Pin and for an Engine wit a 12mm Pin you will need a Kit with a 12mm Pin, otherwise it won't work.

Do some More reading around

E.g look for a kit with a reed valve intake

This will help you rev higher, and they generally make more hp then piston port kits.

If you’re feeling handy and want to do your own modifying you could look around and see how other people have ported kits you’re looking at. This can be done quite cheaply and easily and will only add to your power!

I run a 70cc Puch Maxi does 58mph and out accelerates my friends Kawasaki ar80

Overpriced Parts /

> Adam Smith Wrote:

> Do some More reading around

>

> E.g look for a kit with a reed valve intake

>

> This will help you rev higher, and they generally make more hp then

> piston port kits.

>

> If you’re feeling handy and want to do your own modifying you could look

> around and see how other people have ported kits you’re looking at. This

> can be done quite cheaply and easily and will only add to your power!

>

> I run a 70cc Puch Maxi does 58mph and out accelerates my friends

> Kawasaki ar80

Yep All my puch magnums with gila or Polini kits out accelerate 80 cc Kawasakis and mb5s all day long!

The ar80 blows by me on the top end in 5 seconds after I top out though !

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account