Puch drive wheel

Jordan Stark /

How much hp can the rim and sprocket take???

Re: Puch drive wheel

Overpriced Parts /

> Jordan Stark Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How much hp can the rim and sprocket take???

Loose bearing in perfect condition maybe 10 hp but torque and overall weight on rear that can add up to failure too.

Newer 80” Sealed bearing about the same but Constant checking and maintenance is needed for hi hp Application

Jordan Stark /

Thank you . I’ll look for a dirt bike wheel assembly.

Andrew Fairhurst /

You can fit sealed bearings in the spoked wheel hub, there are a odd size but available, you can also buy the kit to convert them.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Jordan Stark Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you . I’ll look for a dirt bike wheel assembly.

I don't think you need to worry about wrecking your wheel. I don't foresee even a 10hp e50 hitting hard enough to shock load the wheel into failing.

If need be, just respoke and throw an aluminum rim on there.

todd amundson /

Metra 80 large port broke two axles on spoked pinto wheels before I went sealed back there with a 12mm axle conversion. Probably 11+ horsepower

yeah i'll second that, even just a mild kitted build will tear up cup and cone bearings way faster than stock.

my tomos pulled a bunch of spokes out of the rim, ripped the nipples right through, but i think that had more to do with the 1-2 shift

Chöschi21 C.K. /

As far as i know the 5/10 Spoke (depending how you count them) can hold up to over 20hp, the Itakit Cup and Crossbikes around here have between 13 and 20hp most of the time, and most of them run those Wheels.

I run spokes and pedal start on my Puch Maxi

I have done the treats sealed bearing conversion on he rear (Hondas hobbit bearings)

My bike makes 10hp and I’ve put 500ish miles on it. I recently stripped the bike and checked the bearings they still feel solid and smooth.

I haven’t done the same mod on my front wheel and I’ve had to repack The grease twice and replace the bearings once in the same amount of time.

Hope this helps, post more pictures of your project as you go!

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

There are a few different stock wheels. FYI. I run the wide magnum wheels with sealed bearings and 12mm axles and donthave any concerns with them at speeds on the upper end of what people run on these. I wouldn’t run a thin maxi rim with free range bearings that fast.

Megasaurass wRexckses /

I’ve broke 14 spokes on a pussy 28 spoke urban rear wheel running an 80cc scoot kit. WILD RIDE

14 f’n spokes! Like riding an egg down the street. It didn’t even pop the tube.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account