Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOW

JBOT Admin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So I've learned something interesting...

For some reason, perhaps because of changing both the fixed cheek angle and vari angle, that it resists shifting at takeoff. It holds its initial belt position for a bit too long. Haven't figured that out, could be belt slippage, or the steeper angles resist shifting with the weights Im using. Going to put some miles on it tomorrow and see I can figure it out.

I've played with modifying only one pulley angle before, usually the vari side...and it almost always makes the bike quicker, and keeps the shift nice. But never both angles. Maybe not a good idea?

The good thing is that the clutch bell fixed cheek angle can be recut to be stock again if I need to do it, just be pushed back 2mm which I can space the vari for and won't be a big deal. I've done that on a rusted bell that turned out pretty good.

I'd hate to lose the extra variation I've gained from this mod (about 6mm more variation on the cheek) but I don't know if I can even pull it. I guess we'll see tomorrow (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWTopic by: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/21/19 10:01PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) 02/22/19 08:16AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/22/19 10:37AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/22/19 10:45AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/22/19 10:49AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/22/19 11:02PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: Buttcheeks BUZZARD Buttcheeks BUZZARD 02/23/19 10:50AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/23/19 11:59PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/24/19 09:43PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– 02/25/19 12:27PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/25/19 01:15PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– 02/25/19 04:05PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/25/19 04:24PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/27/19 07:46PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 02/27/19 07:47PM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 02/22/19 08:21AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: Buttcheeks BUZZARD Buttcheeks BUZZARD 02/22/19 10:04AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: Buttcheeks BUZZARD Buttcheeks BUZZARD 02/22/19 10:05AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: Buttcheeks BUZZARD Buttcheeks BUZZARD 02/22/19 10:08AM
  Re: I want MORE VARIATION AND I WANT IT NOWRe: kevin Smellaflange kevin Smellaflange 02/23/19 09:54AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account