E50 crank with stock needle bearing

I just pulled the cylinder off of an e50 and there’s a needle bearing on the con rod instead of a brass bushing. cool.

I read somewhere that this happened on later model e50s. This ones from 86.

Am I right about this and should the crank be able to handle higher RPMs?

Re: E50 crank with stock needle bearing

Later ones had needle cranks for sure. 86 should be late enough. Some say Puch on the connecting rod. They're great. Swoops have built a lot of kitted bikes with the stock crankshaft. Athena AJH, Hero 65, and Gilardoni all on the stock needle crank. Cool score!

Ive blown up two big ends on oem needle cranks. But they work well enough. Some of the late late ones take an expensive bearing on the clutch side.

confirmed^

I built my "gilarado" which was a big port korado bottom end matched to a gila top end. port matched cases and kit for massive ports, and it flew. Stock crank. I used said expensive bearing to get things seated correctly.

HERE'S THE BEARING ON TREATS

Thanks for that link. I’d probably have gone crazy looking for it when I need it!

no problem man, check my review on that page, I did have to some ming shaving and of chamfering to my circlip. Been a while but yea.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account