Picking a new kit for e50 maxi

Looking at kits and reviews is pretty tiresome, I'm looking for suggestions on a decent kit any suggestions?

D4D860C7-2379-4377-93D9-0166BD64C6EB.jpeg

Re: Picking a new kit for e50 maxi

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Depends on what you want, low end? top end? allrounder? 50cc, 60cc, 65cc, 70cc or even 74cc? Should it look stock or can it be a little more obvious?

Just about any of the kits are most likely "decent"... What do you want out of a kit? What kind of gains do you expect? What else are you going to do to your bike other than a kit? You couldn't have posted a more vague question unless you asked, "what kind of moped should I buy?" How do you expect to improve on anything if you aren't willing to put in the time reading and researching? There is a plethora of information at your fingertips, on this site alone. I think there should be minimum required reading before anyone kits a bike. Questions are good and all, but you still gotta do your homework. If you think you're gonna kit it and forget it, you're right. You'll forget it in the back of the garage when it won't run. Im not the best performance advisor, but if you don't do your homework, you'll regret it.

I looking to get somewhere around 45 ish. Stock points ignition 15bing with puch black pipe from treats.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

65cc Metra, good quality, lots of low end and can get up there.

That looks like a great kit just might have to save up a little.

I'd probably go ahead and throw a needle bearing crank, and crank bearings while you're at it. Up to you, but stock bushing cranks don't really like high revs. But the Metrakit isn't a super high revving kit. Supposed to be great low and kids tho. I'm probably gonna do one for my next e50 build. Good choice for the parts you're gonna be running.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 65cc Metra, good quality, lots of low end and can get up there.

Dude it's his first kit he's going to smear it.

Your better off getting a cheap reed kit. Piston ports are for hard core tuners. If you just want to slap something to gather and go fast then reeds are where it's at.

Piston ports are better for high rpms but none understands why

the porting is the biggest difference between the kits, kits like the K-star, metrakit 65, and the malossi 62cc all have very forgiving porting that will get you to 45 without much fuss. Some of the other piston port kits are a bit more troublesome, plus when you add in a multi-circuit carb like a PHBG they can be frustrating to tune.

the reed kits are fun and easy to tune too, but a bit more difficult since you need to buy a manifold and reeds and set all that up where as the piston port kits are pretty much bolt right on.

if you keep it below 45 or so you will be fine with a stock crank.

one big question- why choose the 'treats black pipe'? that is not a good pipe for a basic setup. You are better off with a tecno bullet, tecno estoril or proma circuit.

15 bing + kstar + tecno bullet = 45 mph super cheap and will run forever.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> > Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 65cc Metra, good quality, lots of low end and can get up there.

>

> Dude it's his first kit he's going to smear it.

>

> Your better off getting a cheap reed kit. Piston ports are for hard core

> tuners. If you just want to slap something to gather and go fast then

> reeds are where it's at.

>

> Piston ports are better for high rpms but none understands why

The Metra isn't to costly, its easy, i don't know why anyone would have a Problem tuning a Piston Port kit.

^^You can pretty much take Graham's advice straight to the bank. Good words of wisdom.

Treats reed is pretty bulletproof.

Just get the countersunk head too.

Reeds get you much more low end power than piston port.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> > Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 65cc Metra, good quality, lots of low end and can get up there.

>

> Dude it's his first kit he's going to smear it.

>

> Your better off getting a cheap reed kit. Piston ports are for hard core

> tuners. If you just want to slap something to gather and go fast then

> reeds are where it's at.

>

> Piston ports are better for high rpms but none understands why

Piston ports are for hardcore tuners? What are you talking about.

Piston port or Reed valve, doesn't matter for the first kit. Buy something forgiving and easy on the pocket.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account