Garelli Clutch Bell

... yep the Rubber Clutch issue... trying to get more slip to engage at higher RPMs. Has anyone tried polishing the inside of the bell? It seems like it might slip more... but possibly not as it could make it easier for the rubber to disperse the oil... any ideas? Have you heard?

-OXO'

Re: Garelli Clutch Bell

there were aftermarket rubbers in different hardness available at one point in time, i think that was the ticket.

i ground one down a lil bit once way back in the day and it seemed to work better.

It would be nice if there were a variety of sizes and stiffness to 1. grab at specified rpms... so we could tune for power / rider weight and, 2. idle freely (without tire spin)... as in you could sit at a stop sign without cutting out or burdening the clutch. I read somewhere about urethane instead of rubber clutch...

I may have located a Garelli Uno clutch (or a few) ... believe it needs a Puch e50 clutch bell... I posted to see if I could get specs... to see what other mods would be in order...

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rich Koster Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It would be nice if there were a variety of sizes and stiffness to 1.

> grab at specified rpms... so we could tune for power / rider weight and,

> 2. idle freely (without tire spin)... as in you could sit at a stop

> sign without cutting out or burdening the clutch. I read somewhere

> about urethane instead of rubber clutch...

>

> I may have located a Garelli Uno clutch (or a few) ... believe it needs

> a Puch e50 clutch bell... I posted to see if I could get specs... to see

> what other mods would be in order...

The garelli uno clutch is just a Surflex 3-shoe, so essentially you could weld a puch bell onto the tape from the garelli... although they honestly might be the same.

I never delved into the Garelli Gary Uno we had too much. It was NOS, so I didn't want to go mucking about.

I was just talking to a friend who makes polyurethane adult toys (not THAT kind of adult toys!) The kind that're like little monster figurines for spencer's gifts and hot topic townies.

anyway I think reproducing some might not be too difficult. I gotta get my garelli right but if someone wants to trial some prototypes someday we'll make it happen. i'm still not managing to find enough free time to really accomplish much but someday i'll get past just talking about it

I just missed buying an Uno... just to get the clutch bell... was going to put my NOI clutch in the Gary and let my buddy ride it... while I ripped down the road on my ssxl.

-OXO'(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account