87 Vepsa Si Montecarlo, Would love to go 50kmh+

First things first, i live in NZ so parts are expensive to get shipped in ect. Ideally i'd be doing the cheapest mods i can. I don't mind buying the carb too much because i think mines a bit leaky.

quick few words about my bike and what i want to do;

I pulled it apart and it doesn't have the variator, it's fixed speed. I would love to pull the engine apart and port the block but im not sure if im going to go from 40kmh to 50kmh. I have a final goal in mind of 70kmh but would like to get there as quickly and cheaply as possible so the best cost to performance would be best. The reason why i say this is more so because this bike is actually what i use to commute to work so i can't have it out of action for long, this is why i haven't already done the boost porting because i fear it would take more than a full days work and without a new carb or jets i cant tune it to go much faster.

Re: 87 Vepsa Si Montecarlo, Would love to go 50kmh+

max carb you can fit without being a wizard is a dellorto 13.13...vespas are a different animal..

you are in a pickle here man. even if you got all the right go fast parts, tuning is gonna be a process....i wouldnt advise modding you only means of transportation...

for a first step you should look for a good expansion chamber exhaust. your carb should be a dellorto Sha. (hopefully im not an idiot and they still used them in 87)...buy a few jets in larger sizes you have and be golden...should get you a few mph and better acceleration. shouldnt take more than a couple hours to get it right...

somone may be willing to make a deal and ship you a buncha thingys in one package,,,

Grab a gianelli fire pipe and a high flow airbox and some jets. If you aren't gonna be taking on any hills you can get a little bit smaller rear pulley for a few kilos

Aaron, pm me I gotta new hi flow filter.

50kpmh is super achievable. get a malossi high flow filter and a proma pipe and a polini variator and you will be hitting 55-60 kmph. add a kit into the mix and 70kmph is very doable.

I'm hitting 60kmh with fix speed and stock pulleys, Polini pipe, Polini 43mm kit and 13.13 carb. I'm also running stock points ignition. So I don't see why you can't do it on a stock kit if you know how to Port, add a pipe and carb

Sorry, i missed that your bike was not variated.

The single speed has faster top speed, so thats a win.

i feel likea dummy. turned down many aciao over the years due to them being single speed.....thought it was a downer like a traveller or 102.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account