Let's back up. As some of you know, I've been building a land speed racing Puch Maxi. After the last event in September, I decided to start making big changes to the bike. In particular, I wanted to cast my own cylinders and also add fuel injection. See my other thread about the cylinders but this is about the EFI. I wanted EFI for a few reasons: control over the fuel mixture, control over the ignition, and the ability to run a large throttle body without having mixture issues like you would with an overly large carburetor. It is powered by a total loss battery. Remember that I only need to go wide open for 1.5 miles then get back to the pits.
I started by buying a kit from China. It included a throttle body, fuel pump with regulator, and injector. I was frustrated by the lack of good documentation but, fortunately, I discovered Speeduino, an open source EFI project based on an Arduino Mega2560. I bought an NO2C board and have been working on it the last few weeks. For crank angle, I machined a 24 tooth wheel and use an optical interrupter to detect the holes. I also decided that I wanted two injectors because I didn't feel that one injector could handle the range of rpms that I hope for.
For monitoring and tuning, I used a Raspberry Pi with a 7" monitor running Tuner Studio. This will be mounted in front of the handlebars eventually but now it sits on a stool by the dyno.