Re: A35 Polini + 19mm PHBG Race Questions

Your point kit comes with reeds. A55 have huge transfers and they do come piston port stock.

I'd take the junk out and match the cylinder to the transfers

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'd take the junk out and match the cylinder to the transfers

yup. just keep enough meet around the transfers on the cylinders to seal, and open those suckers up to match the A55 transfers. And upjet.

Breece McConnell /

Damn I just ordered bearing, gaskets, and seals for an a35 bottom end. Hope they all fit.

So you suggest I scrape out the epoxy and build it back with weld or alumiweld or whatever?

A35 & A55 are the same bottom end, your rebuild party will work. The only difference is the jug, carb, pipe, ignition, frame and wheels.

> Breece McConnell Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So you suggest I scrape out the epoxy and build it back with weld or

> alumiweld or whatever?

Why build it back? Scrape it out, then match the polini cylinder transfers to the larger case transfers where applicable. Case matching can go both ways(edited)

the top ends are interchangeable and that is the part with reeds or no reeds.

the cases are also damn-near interchangeable but the A55 cases have provisions for an electric starter and additional material around the transfers

the important thing to know is that you wont need to add materal around the out side to prevent a base gasket leak.

Breece McConnell /

Oh I see. So remove material from the cylinder transfers. What effect will that have on the engine operation? Will it make it run worse?

Mike clearly asked for more pics of the case and Cylinder. You need to post those pics and this topic in a new thread because this is no longer about the carb.

You have one of two options. You can ether match the case to the cylinder or the cylinder to the case. There is only one kit that I have to port the transfers to match the case and it's the treats puch reed kit because the transfers are so dam small.

Porting transfers is no good to be honest And your only winding the opening not the entire transfer

Winding the transfers will make t

Bill Mazzacane /

This is a primary choke and it helps maintain a steady supply of fuel at wide open throttle. It has no other purpose.

Bill M.

Moped PHBG_atmomizers.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account