Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problems

Wesley Ambrosini /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ya it don’t sound very good if noise is just coming from the engine

>

> I’ve had a bad death rattle that ended up just being a loose headlight

> bracket but that sounds like it’s coming from the engine ,

>

> Did you prep the kit by chamfering the ports and gap ring?

>

> Move the flywheel by hand backhand fourth and see if you could feel

> something catching like a ring and or feel for bearing noise/grinding

> through flywheel

When I moved the flywheel the crank was smooth. The bearings were a little loud though but still smooth if that makes sense

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> to a certain degree those cheap PP kits all make that rattley sound, the

> 'treats brand' DMP and TCCD seem like they are the worst. that is like

> reason #3 i hate building them and haven't touched one in years.

>

> I was just discussing with a buddy of mine whether its caused by the 1

> 1 ring piston or if its piston slap or what it is making the noise. I

> think its piston slap based on loose tolerances on the skirt. They are

> probably just made real loose tolerance to be on the safe side and some

> of them are worse than others.

>

> putting a better air filter/airbox quiets them down a lot but i know

> people who have thousands of miles and years on treats kits that have

> sounded like that their whole life.

>

> definitely gotta set things up right, chamfer and gap rings, but if the

> rings are snagging or something real bad like that you wont make it past

> the first or second start.

Kit was prepped

The sound is so borderline "bad" and I've heard that E50s are just noisy as hell so I'd thought I'd ask.

My local moped guru is all about "Fuck it, ride, bikes are noisy" but I'm so paranoid about breaking shit with my ZA taking a shit a bunch of times that I can't ignore it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsTopic by: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 04/28/19 11:19PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" 04/29/19 07:29AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 04/29/19 11:17AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 04/29/19 12:19PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 04/29/19 12:26PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 04/29/19 01:56PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Daniel '' Daniel '' 04/30/19 07:56PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: * * * * 05/02/19 11:45PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 05/04/19 03:01AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: * * * * 05/06/19 12:46AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Francois Labat Francois Labat 05/07/19 04:44PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: EH FCC of the QCB EH FCC of the QCB 05/04/19 09:31AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 05/07/19 11:42PM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/08/19 11:18AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Chöschi21 C.K. Chöschi21 C.K. 05/08/19 03:10AM
  Re: How noisy is too noisy? E50 problemsRe: Wesley Ambrosini Wesley Ambrosini 05/09/19 01:09AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account