Re: Magnum XK Clutch Slip (?) Question

Andrew B /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey Ken,

I understand what you are getting at with the stall speeds. My only concern is that I feel like my low-end is crap due to the excessive slipping, and could be better. I also get what you're saying about not having it all with a single speed clutch / motor. I'm just concerned about revving so high off the line and if its in fact a problem. If all is normal and its just the way it is I guess i'll just apply more throttle from a stop.

But for comparison, I have an E50 Maxi with the same carb, intake, filter, similar gearing, Estoril pipe and a stock 3 shoe clutch with kickstart springs and it grabs around 2,800 RPM off the line and runs strong up to about 40mph as well. I just don't know if my issue with my Magnum is clutch related or because the pipe I have has a longer header and hits later in the RPM range or what.

Another update:

Took the OEM 3 shoe clutch with kickstart springs out of my Maxi and put it in the Magnum and gave it a try. Bogs off the line.. Might try putting the blue springs in there tomorrow to see if it will catch / run better off the line without needing to pedal.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account