1994 Manet Korado

lance clifton /

Hi all.

First post, have 3 puch maxi`s and just purchased a 1994 Korado from a collection with 300 miles on the clock. It`s a 9fin 2.0kw (2.6hp) puch e50 engine.

It pull off the line great but hits 28mph and stops . Obviously it`s factory restricted .

Can you advise the easiest way`s to remove the restriction is it both the air filter and exhaust that are restricted?

Thanks

Re: 1994 Manet Korado

That's actually pretty good...32 is the best I've ever gotten with a stock un modded e50 ..what size is your carb?

Had my unmodified stock korado cylinder close to 40mph with pipe and air filter upgrade.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3837853,3837853,flat=1#msg-3837853

Get yourself the hero kit peoples pipe and riiiiiippp.

lance clifton /

Hi

That`s perfect and the way i will go.

Thanks

I had a higher compression head, 15bing, n8p, and 18 tooth front sprocket and did very light porting to the cylinder and would hit 44-45 and still get up the hills in Seattle. Pipe was borrowed so I got a different pipe(some random mlm prototype from the classifieds), modded it to fit, but never hit over 42 without the n8p.

4p is a better suited pipe for the stock cylinder. I also ran a simonini exhaust and it had great acceleration in addition to top end surprisingly. 17 Bing will fit on the stock intake if you hack off all of the air filter mounting garbage. As far as other mods, the puch hero cylinder kit that dos cycles sells bolts on, but the intake is different. My advice is to ditch that heavy pipe, up jet(or get rid of the mega Bing) and leave every thing else alone. Also do not break your petcock or gas cap, replacements can be difficult to find.

Never tried the 4p,but that’s a flat port pipe correct? 8p bolted on with no mods other than drilling a new hole in the rear mount. We tried to fit a Destroyer on there, just a bit off, but wasn’t about to modify th flange on a borrowed pipe.

And yes, the gas cap is plastic and will probably crack

Yea 4p is for flat port, but it fits with a little bending and the korado bracket has some wiggle room. The gearing restriction is a bummer on those cases.

Just finished up a Maxi with a Korado engine, mild porting, mega bing, tecnigas classic pipe, points, 14x40 and cruise right around 40 with decent takeoff.

I had really fast one a few years back with a 17 bing on mag-x intake, heavy porting and a g104 pipe that was just under 55moh on its best days; that was on a 71 Kreider mp3 frame.

I’ve got a few more on the shelf, definitely my favorite stock Puch topend.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account