FZ50 exhaust, air box, intake ported, jets = Faster 0-31 but not faster mph?

Screenshot_20190513-093141.png
Screenshot_20190513-093221.png

A> I only cut it open to see inside, could have just cut weld around tube, that little pipe slips into a baffle in back of muffler. full pipe dumps out after baffle, goes to tiny hole than back out that tube!!! if you remove it, its a glass packed chamber, lightly packed though, and you can tune the new pipe in or out to adjust back pressure and still keeping it sort of silenced...

B> Tune-able air box hole in fake breather scoop,

C> Ported intake to match 14mm carb and reed block.

D> Main jet drilled 2 steps and pilot 1 step, needle on high

Not lean or rich anywhere in throttle, fires one kick, idles smooth.

stock Sexy Suzy only did 29.

now she goes 31 and pulls real hard up to 31I mean real nice up to 31 even throttle response and snappy. I cant get her to go over 31 with out tucking in, going down hill, drafting, or having a wind behind me lol

is the cdi retarding timing at high revs or is the timing mechanically retarded on stater too much stock?

or is it as simple as the port in the heads is restricted? she just wont rev higher.

Re: FZ50 exhaust, air box, intake ported, jets = Faster 0-31 but not faster mph?

I think it would benefit from some porting. Feel like most of the Japanese bikes are restricted more by their porting than anything else.

Re: FZ50 exhaust, air box, intake ported, jets = Faster 0-31 but not faster mph?

Speaking of ports, is your exhaust port clear? My friend had a stock FZ50 that would only do 28mph, we took his cylinder off and his exhaust port was about 45% carbon buildup. ALL we did was clean out the exhaust port on his bike and it would do 34-35 no problem on the flats, bone stock. My stock FZ50 I used to have would do low 30's no problem as well.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account