Radiator hoses

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Anyone ever have problems with certain hoses? Im running a polini mechanical pump and the hoses wanna shoot off every now and then. Its pumping and the lines are clear. The hoses are the clear braided like hot water heater hoses. Best pic i got of the hoses.

20190511_193120.jpg

Re: Radiator hoses

hell yeah, cool pipe choice. those were the swoops secret hack n' weld special for years.

Bevaline? I've used all sorts of dumb hose stuff. actual radiator hose is probably best though. it's odd it'd slip off still. do you have no barbs? hose clamps not clamping all the way?

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Barbs on all the usual places. Im using copper 90 and 30* bends between some pieces though, maybe that doesnt help.

if you go ask nice at the auto parts store they might let you go in back and look at the rack of pre-molded heater hoses. I have used them in the past, just find the bends and sizes you need and cut it off some other hose.

my DT50 lower cooling line was unobtanium but for $6 i grabbed some random heater hose that fit perfect after i cut the extra off the ends.

i would not use that vinyl braided shit, not chemical resistant and it goes from super soft to super hard with temp changes

Yeah I am pretty sure it's food grade right? but that's not supposed to do hot water

Does your radiator have an overflow port where the cap is? If the water expands too much and has nowhere to go then it will pop hoses off.

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Yea its got an overflow. I took them off lastnight, rerouted some stuff to put less tension on certain areas and lasted only a few miles more. They are getting hard after its been running awhile. Ah well, live an learn. Thanks guys and yes thatvrgd pipe is tits! Secret no more

I second the auto parts store. I always just take in the connections i want to hook up and get over complicated with the description of the bend and size etc.. they give a blank stare and let me into the back to dig around.

What size are the hoses? Looks close to standard heater hoses for a car, which are designed specifically for holding hot water/coolant. Auto parts store is your friend.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account