sorry it took a bit of time to get it figured out. It is both the crank bearings and the crank/piston. the connecting rod had way to much play side to side and some play up/down, so got a new one, and piston was kinda loose too, so got everything replaced. All good now that the engine is a complete rebuild. Just plugging the decomp hole in the cylinder before slapping it back together.
Roffman - I did upjet a bit after installing the high-flow air filter, helped a lot and also following Travis Tutorial, I set the timing as close to 16-17mm btdc - went to an 84jet in the new bing from the 82 it came with. just have a small leak through the decomp now, so plugging it and checking again.(edited)