Just got a Puch - do I need to upjet with a new pipe?

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Just got a Puch Maxi E50 2hp, everything will be stock except I am putting on an Estoril Side bleed pipe - do I need to upjet with the new pipe?

Re: Just got a Puch - do I need to upjet with a new pipe?

most likely yes but the only way to know is to run it and check the plug.

Overpriced Parts /

Unless you get a performance/mesh type filter you’ll never get that sucker tuned for good gains and crisp clean jetting through the range (air in air out) with the stock square plastic, turbulence, restrictive causing junk air box.

Make sure your magneto is serviced and your points cleaned and gapped, cam lobe on flywheel lubed and timing set to specifications because you need correct timing first before you start tuning,

Barry (Bob) Brown /

i just ordered tonight a few jets and a hi-flow air filter. Hope that'll help tune it.

I doubt the header will fit on a stock cylinder.

Barry (Bob) Brown /

ok, so the parts all ame in, Estoril pipe fits perfect on the stock cylinder by the way and with the new slot in back it fits perfect in the original hole too. But now that its back together and complete, I fired it up and it's making a horrible racket on the right side basically where the gears are to the sprocket I think. I hope it just means - time to put in all new bearings? What do you folks think?

(edited)

IMG_4166.JPG

Sounds fine to me, I think that ticking noise your hearing is from the carb. Now that the airbox isn't there you can hear more engine sound.

> Barry (Bob) Brown Wrote:

> ----------------------------------------------------- What do you folks think?

I see no mention of you following up with what Roffman said above^^

Check that the exhaust flange is completely sealed, almost sounds like an exhaust leak in the video but hard to tell. I had to take the last estoril i installed to a belt sander to get a good seal because it came bent at the flange

Barry (Bob) Brown /

sorry it took a bit of time to get it figured out. It is both the crank bearings and the crank/piston. the connecting rod had way to much play side to side and some play up/down, so got a new one, and piston was kinda loose too, so got everything replaced. All good now that the engine is a complete rebuild. Just plugging the decomp hole in the cylinder before slapping it back together.

Roffman - I did upjet a bit after installing the high-flow air filter, helped a lot and also following Travis Tutorial, I set the timing as close to 16-17mm btdc - went to an 84jet in the new bing from the 82 it came with. just have a small leak through the decomp now, so plugging it and checking again.(edited)

Hey Barry (Bob) - did your Maxi pedals clear that Estoril sidebleed on its own? or did you need a spacer?

Looking at getting one of those estorils for my Maxi with a 70cc k-star kit but am worried about pedal clearance and whether I should get an MLM spacer from treats in my order. Thanks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread