Re: PW65 Malossi with WWB ceramic bearings

mat hormell /

We also got the spokes for the wheels in last night, Devon laced his hubs and I helped him lay out spokes and he installed the nipples onto them. It was very time consuming but great learning experience for him!

(edited)

20190827_205635.jpg

mat hormell /

Made some decent progress tonight. Both wheels laced and trued, and the cases marked for porting.

I'm going to have to remove a lot of material to open up the additional side case ports. Currently the pw/qt cases block one entire half of each cylinder port. I may even have to add in material to the corners from the back side to give me some extra material to cut away, it feel like it gets pretty thin there from the inside. It seems as if I can just ream these cylinder stud hole out about 1.5mm or so and it will slide right on so I think I keep it simple and go that route for now.

20190828_223251.jpg
20190828_223304.jpg

Jack Rutherford /

oh wow, that's a lot of material

Mikey Antonakakis /

Nice looking cylinder! That thing should be able to make some good power. Running a little richer and retarding timing a little will help cool it down if you have issues. Gonna run a spark plug temp sensor?

mat hormell /

> Mikey Antonakakis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nice looking cylinder! That thing should be able to make some good

> power. Running a little richer and retarding timing a little will help

> cool it down if you have issues. Gonna run a spark plug temp sensor?

I'm thinking it will work well! Yea I dont think I will have a choice but to run a temp sensor, especially during tuning. Plans to also run the HPI ignition so I can adjust timing. I believe the zuma/jog in this year had a fan blower that kept air moving across the cylinder, so I expect it will run a little hot when not moving

Mikey Antonakakis /

If it's anything like a Minarelli V1 with a fan on the flywheel and shroud over the cylinder, it cools down a bunch at idle.

mat hormell /

Want to share just how bad ass these bearings are. One light little spin, goes for 2 minutes

mat hormell /

Man I'm so stoked on this, looks so killer on spoked wheels. Will get the rear on tomorrow.

20190829_175157.jpg

Ana L. of the Aurora Roras /

Did u hog out the cases for the kit?

mat hormell /

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did u hog out the cases for the kit?

Not yet, I am planning to meet with my welder on Monday and have him add the needed material to the inside/ back side of the case area that needs to be ground away. I am confident there is not enough material there to cut away that entire corner on either side.

« Go to Topic — end of thread