Re: PW65 Malossi with WWB ceramic bearings

> mat hormell Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Prouder moment riding with him yet.

man thats awesome, my 8 year old is too chicken to even ride an electric razor dirtbike but the 3 year old is a maniac, he'll probably get out there and show his big brother how its done... i could care less if they want to compete or not but i have dreams of taking the boys out west and going trial riding with them as teenagers... anything to keep them away from screens. (he types...)

Mikey Antonakakis /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

>Someday i'd like to revisit it.

Yeah I took some time off, but getting back into now that I've been putting together a General with a KTM 50 motor. Too much power! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want me to run some stuff for ya.

mat hormell /

I guess I could always just weld the current holes up, deck it and recut them if I did need to move the studs out a bit, but the cases are really thin, not a whole lot of room to move lol. I may order a hobnit base gasket and mock it up and see

i might have one i can scan, i know i don't have any stock jugs laying around, but usually that is the cheapest/easiest way to check all the dims

mat hormell /

Strider balance bike is the key. He has been riding one since he was a year and half old.

But yea all I really need to know is diameter between studs, I may be able to find the info online, I'll do some searching later

Graham Motzing Wrote:

> > mat hormell Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Prouder moment riding with him yet.

>

> man thats awesome, my 8 year old is too chicken to even ride an electric

> razor dirtbike but the 3 year old is a maniac, he'll probably get out

> there and show his big brother how its done... i could care less if

> they want to compete or not but i have dreams of taking the boys out

> west and going trial riding with them as teenagers... anything to keep

> them away from screens. (he types...)

mat hormell /

I emailed treats, and they were nice enough to pull the dimensions for me and here are the results:

The qt spacing is...

Parallel: 45mm

Diagonal: 65mm

Hobbit spacing is..

Parallel: 49mm

Diagonal: 69mm

So I will need to see If there is adequate space on the case to move the studs to the required position for the hobbit cylinder.

If you’re moving studs and adding material go for minarelli horizontal

mat hormell /

Minarelli looks to be a lot wider spaced

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> If you’re moving studs and adding material go for minarelli horizontal(edited)

mat hormell /

Found this on another thread:

This is a small but growing list of scooter and moped cylinder stud spacing, in order to provide you with hackability and kit craziness.

This can be measured as the diagonal, from top left stud to bottom right stud, or vice versa.

Derbi revolution start 5 - 65mm

Honda Hobbit PA50 - 70.5mm

Jawa 207 - 73mm (53 vertical, 50 horizontal)

Minarelli AM6 (RS50) - 73mm

Minarelli Horizontal - 72mm

Honda Bali/SFX/SXR/SH50/X8R - 72mm

(USE A SPACER TO FIT MINARELLI HORIZ ON HONDA EURO VERTICAL)

Franco morini Horizontal - 65mm

Minarelli V1 - 63.5mm

Garelli NOI - 67mm

Suzuki ts50, jr50, rm50 - 67mm

Peugeot Buxy SV-GEO - 67mm

Puch E50 / ZA50 - 62mm

Puch Cobra GTL - 66mm

Tomos - 62mm

Motobecane av10 - 65mm ((edited)

1.5mm doesn’t seem like much to me when you’re moving your studs already. The derbi metra kit cylinder slides right on a towny gotta bore the case to fit the skirt though.

mat hormell /

Well the current in 65mm, would be a 7mm increase in spacing, not sure I have that much material to work with, will have to wait until I get the cases back from coating and do some measuring

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> 1.5mm doesn’t seem like much to me when you’re moving your studs

> already. The derbi metra kit cylinder slides right on a towny gotta bore

> the case to fit the skirt though.(edited)

mat hormell /

Some other additional info I found awhile back pertaining to the Rod and going over to a 12mm pin. It appears it is the minarelli rod that will fit

"Minarelli horizontals come with either a 10mm wrist pin or a 12mm wrist pin(clones mostly). What this all means is that qt's and it's cousin engines can use performance minarelli rods and can switch to 12mm if wanted."

Their measurement of hobbit is 1.5mm larger so I’m guessing they’re going to the end of those stud holes instead of the center like you are.

mat hormell /

Ah I gotcha yea. 2 mm each wider. Closer to 1.5 center to center. I should be able to pick the cases up tomorrow and do some measuring.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Their measurement of hobbit is 1.5mm larger so I’m guessing they’re

> going to the end of those stud holes instead of the center like you are.

mat hormell /

Found this kit for the Minarelli Horizontal Jog motor, its 10mm and I think is going to work with a bit of spacing and most likely machining. I've been contemplating this for the past few days and yall are right, I might as well do it big and something different.. I believe this motor is cylinder induced rather than case, but I'm thinking if I do not have the clearance with frame for the reed block set up, I'll just block it off and modify the case for larger reeds. Thus cylinder should be sufficient for everything I want to do, should be interesting but for sure going to draw out the project more. I'll probably go ahead and throw the malossi qt cylinder and piston on his pw now, its gotta be better than the stock yt60 cylinder, and he can mash on it until this motor is done

Stage6_Streetrace_70cc_Kit_-_CPI_Air_Cooled (1).jpg
s67219565_0008.jpg

Horizontal is case inducted, the vertical engines are cylinder reed. I’ve got plans to adapt both to minarelli v1 and v1L.

mat hormell /

I think this may be a vertical, but its 10mm pin and for a 39.2mm stroke motor so, other wise should be somewhat easy to fabricate fitment. Spoke with my fabricator today, he is down take on the project so it's a go.

I'm going to wait until I have the cylinder in cases in hand to mock up and take some measurement before i can determine if i will be able to use the cylinder passageway. I would rather if possible becuse it opens up way more reed options and the current intake location is right underneath the frame so there isnt much that can be done with the case side. Forward faced intake would be cool

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Horizontal is case inducted, the vertical engines are cylinder reed.

> I’ve got plans to adapt both to minarelli v1 and v1L.

you can definitely waller out the stud holes to go between all of those. if you are re-tapping the studs go with an M7

Ana L. of the Aurora Roras /

Clog up that case induction hole and get a kit like this MBK kit. I have them wallered out stud holes, I think I ran an M8 hole thru and it slid on.

2C55FA6D-4CD5-472A-AD1D-6AC98F51310E.jpeg
68C73D6D-63FB-4348-A034-8619527E3537.jpeg
04AFF2E2-5DA4-4EF0-817B-8184E8B581CB.jpeg

C295CF2E-F76A-4760-A775-2FAFD007FAD3.jpeg
E3BA6E57-0A17-4D6A-8728-D60553B77008.jpeg
80741553-E8E5-4B99-8CD0-D5078895AB9E.jpeg

309AE6CB-B782-4120-8DC6-8DDA00120915.jpeg

1 base gasket .75 and .50 head gasket. The other engine is running the same kit but with a 46.7mm metrakit piston with a slightly different height and 1 ring. Put a big head on it.

haha this dude would have a heart attack if he read through that thread, he's new to MA, go gentle on him. he's not ready for squirrel tech yet.

mat hormell /

Nice! Haha that's bad ass!

If the cylinder I ordered is cylinder induced, I for sure am going to take advantage of it, I almost want to face the carb forward though, you have much more clearance with the pw frame, or even out to the left. I can make the spacer plate for the reeds, which will most likely end up needing to be a specific diameter to clear everything.

I have been thinking about case bolts, would like to go to much much beefier If I'm going through all this trouble. May even have them made, what's my available options?

Something else that's cross my mind, athena makes 85mm rods for the Zuma/Jog which I believe is all the same fitment to the pw/qt/yt/minarelli++ except its 5mm long and a stroker that 41mm instead of 39.2mm

A spacer plate for the cylinder will probably be required anyways, might as well make it an 80cc. Problem is only way I can seem to find the rod is by buying a full crank for a zuma/jog or alike.(edited)

mat hormell /

Like this(edited)

Screenshot_20190826-231018_Chrome.jpg

Why not have a rod custom made ?

I’m looking, pretty sure I have one of them cranks.

What’s it $133 ?

I’ll go $132.99

36F3E4B9-4DC8-410B-970C-F8312FAC6233.jpeg

U can haz.

mat hormell /

Is an option, could have my machinist bake a bilet one I'm sure, based off the stock rods dimensions. Would need the stroker rod to copy.

> P D Wrote:

> Why not have a rod custom made ?

mat hormell /

This a stock stoke crank ? All I really need to know is the big end dimensions to see If it takes the same crank pin

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> What’s it $133 ?

>

> I’ll go $132.99

>

> U can haz.

mat hormell /

Oh yea this is going to work out no problem, may not even have to move studs. Case side ports will have the be opened up about twice it's current size, other than that kit looks great! My only concern is cooling with how small fin it is.

Here is the malossi 70cc vs the stage 6 jog/zuma 70cc

20190828_145058.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account