qt50 70cc malossi cylinder ring gap

Rob LaFreniere /

I don't remember getting any instructions, Does Malossi list a gap range, or should I use method described here : https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Ring_gap which gets me .180mm - .184mm.

thanks again.

Re: qt50 70cc malossi cylinder ring gap

The table is the best bet. Better to have slightly larger ring gap than too small.

Jack Rutherford /

I'd be surprised if you have to adjust it. Is this new cylinder, piston and rings? .18mm sounds right.

Rob LaFreniere /

Yes all new, I hope. There are so many irregularities and burrs in and around the ports that I not sure how much faith I should put in the product. I couldn't find the qt50 kit listed in malossi's web store so I'm not really sure what I have. My guess is that Treats has stock piled them.

Rob LaFreniere /

I checked, the gap was bigger than .05mm and smaller than .1mm. I tried sanding it down slowly but wound up something close to .4mm. so that sucks and necessitates buying a new ring,

Jack Rutherford /

Pics of butts, etc.

Rob LaFreniere /

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pics of butts, etc.

Excuse me?

Jack Rutherford /

Damn spell check autocorrect. Any fotos of the burrs in the ports, cylinder, etc? That's the last time, I try to type anything in response on that damn iPhone again.(edited)

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn spell check autocorrect. Any fotos of the burrs in the ports,

> cylinder, etc? That's the last time, I try to type anything in response

> on that damn iPhone again.

Just a case of fat finger , Jack . LOL

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account