Sachswa - 1988 Jawa 210 2 speed x 1980 Sachs Balboa

Warning / Disclaimer - lots of hacks and black magic fuckery is about to ensue. The bike you are about to see took many years and mistakes to get up to this point. Every bit of what you are about to witness is trial and error and many late nights raiding the forbidden crypts of Moped Armys deepest darkest stale posts and should not ever be attempted to recreate.

With that out of the way , here are the specs.

- Stock 1988 Jawa 210 2 speed

49ccm cylinder , gearing, clutches, speedometer, with about 3200 Miles

Timing set with depth gauge 1.5mm BTDC many years ago

Sachs stock 12mm? intake

Dellorto Sha 15/15 with ..62 or 64 main jet

Sparkplug B6HS .55 MM gap

Stock thyristor

SAE 30 Gearbox oil

50/1 Gas/oil Mix with MAG or w/e gas station shit oil , always premium gas

Stock piston with huge nasty fingernail-grabbing scrape and burn marks

under rings since 1000 miles

Larger Tomos header pipe with Jamarcoal Fuego Exhaust

Sachs rear shocks and pedals + arms

Cylinder intake port hacked way too large with the old jikov steel intake hacked as a riser plate and sandwiched between 2 gaskets with the too small stock Sachs intake hacked on to hold a Sha 15/15 with metal mesh and a red loopy fuel line to inhibit rust from reaching it with no fuel filter.

Without further adiue, I present, the Sachswa. Dont mind the timestamp, i didnt set up my $30 knockoff gopro

(edited)

Re: Sachswa - 1988 Jawa 210 2 speed x 1980 Sachs Balboa

Neat, looks more likea Jachs to me.ha

damn yer right !

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /
20190819_140702.jpg

Nice! Ever check speed on GPS? Mine will spin this needle to due south which is around 45mph. Actual speed is only 37 at best.

Jawboa, top work.

Thank you Aaron, i'll name it Jachs because this was my moped , and my first cat was named Jack who i called Jacks alot. You the man! I can't believe i never thought of that ,, always thought "Jachswa" which sounded weird

Frank, we have speed traps all over my town and oddly enough my speedo is spot on +/- 1 or 2 mph.

So it is pretty much just a stock jawa with a sha and a slip on pipe. You then added sachs shocks and pedals. Cool.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So it is pretty much just a stock jawa with a sha and a slip on pipe.

> You then added sachs shocks and pedals. Cool.

I was waiting for this to happen

Fuck, you caught me. Don't forget about the Sachs control switches!

Oh and I started with a barely running bike with every known issue to man andno knowledge of mopeds. Researching and trying what might fit, moving, retapping, and porting intake and exhaust studs, rewiring so lights n things work was after it actually worked.

The Jachs is special to me , i learned what parts fit and don't , how to use what you have and adapt, and ultimately it got me where i am today by inspiring me to become a local small engine mechanic.

I'd be nowhere without the plethora of knowledge from all of you on this site and its truly been my bible.(edited)

rsz_1jawaflatsaug20.jpg

Nobody:

Jawarider33192: Gets one moped running, instantly wants to be small engine mechanic.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Nobody:

>

> Jawarider33192: Gets one moped running, instantly wants to be small

> engine mechanic.

Yeah im sure noones ever learned to fix their bike and got interested in wrenching. ever

Why ya gotta be so rude man, Jachs was the first thing i ever worked on and it inspired my love of bikes n getting them back on the road n such.. i got the thing like a decade ago n Jawas are notoriously hard to get parts for and are uncommon. No1 else in my town works on these or other small engines ..

google my page if you think "cape tip motors provincetown" on facebook

Skin must be thick young Skywalker...

You got your bike together and documented it. Good for you..glad your riding and fixing your own shit.

I did kinda think I was gonna see some crazy shit like a Sachs jug on a jawa or a jawa cyl on a Sachs when I saw your post. I imagine a couple other people thought they were about to see some batshit stuff too.

Yeah sorry i got a bit overexcited on the initial post .. and a bit butthurt on your comment.

> CapeCod Mopeder Wrote:

> Yeah sorry i got a bit overexcited on the initial post .. and a bit

> butthurt on your comment.

You're not the first . ;)

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

We need more Jawa people here. Don't scare them.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account