2003 Kinetic TSR purchase

Bruce Edwards /

I just purchased a 2003 Kinetic TSR with 3.1 miles on it. I'm curious to know if people are still posting about this moped. It's August 2019

Re: 2003 Kinetic TSR purchase

post a pic? congrats on your new ped

Bruce Edwards /

Where it says, "Choose an image" it won't let me from "My Gallery" on my phone so I can't figure out how to post a picture

they are ok, its a clone of a vespa made in india so most vespa hop-up stuff applies but some stuff is wacky

there has been quite a bit posted on TFR tuning over the years, you should be able to find some stuff on here if you search, lots of folks out there doing the vespa thing, not so much on the TFR side.

pipe is about the easiest, they already come with a decent 12mm carb so not much to gain there, you can gear them up but vespa engines in general don't respond super well to basic speed mods without a kit.

Some came with a 10mm carb

The frames arent the nicest but they are the best spoked moped wheels in the game and the engines are the best stock vespa engines around

Bruce Edwards /

I know mine comes with a SHA 12.10 carb. I'm thinking of a very simple of just a high flow air filter, jet it properly for 3720 feet above sea level, and a performance exhaust. I believe POLINI makes one but I don't know which one. Any help is appreciated.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Some came with a 10mm carb

>

> The frames arent the nicest but they are the best spoked moped wheels in

> the game and the engines are the best stock vespa engines around

I'd argue that the 10 pin unrestricted Euro motors are better, clutch up and lighten your weights with a pipe and it's all set

Bruce Edwards /

Again, I'm looking for a performance exhaust. I believe POLINI makes one but I don't the part number.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Some came with a 10mm carb

>

> >

>

> > The frames arent the nicest but they are the best spoked moped wheels

> in

>

> > the game and the engines are the best stock vespa engines around

>

> I'd argue that the 10 pin unrestricted Euro motors are better, clutch up

> and lighten your weights with a pipe and it's all set

nah, between the cdi with light flywheel, giant intake patch, and unrestricted top ends kinetic wins by a mile. with a polini varo, contra, and upjet, my kinetic magnum was going 47. stock pipe carb and top end

as far as a pipe, get a proma. its the best bang for your buck and it will continue to put in work if you upgrade other parts around the bike

Bruce Edwards /

Thanks! I decided on the Tecno Circuit pipe.

Bruce Edwards /

I think I finally figured this out. This is my first moped build. I took a crashed Tomos Streetmate, a Micargi stretch beach cruiser and a massive amount of hard work and came up with this

FB_IMG_1455545141756.jpg

Bruce Edwards /

What size kit would you suggest? 70cc? And by whom? I have the stock 12mm carb and a Techno Circuit Exhaust with a high flow air box.

Don’t go more than a 43mm kit or the cases will need bored for it to fit. I like the 43 mm malossi with a proma pipe.

43 malossi, because it is great out of the box without porting or matching

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account