Za50 sprockets

Jeff insinna /

Has anyone ever ran a 20 /40 sprocket set up on a stock za50?... Trying to gain a bit more top speed...or will it be a total dog

Re: Za50 sprockets

I ran a 20 front on mine, can't remember the rear to.. it was the stock 2hp magnum mkii rear sprocket if that helps.

You gotta grind the case to fit a 19 tooth or more front I think, maybe it's the 20 can't remember... anyway, I used a Dremel with a carbide Burr until it fit.

Jeff insinna /

Did u find it was worth it?

yeah 19 needs a lil' grinding, 20 needs a lotta grinding.

i like to run 35 rear then all my 'normal sized' e50 sprockets 14-18 on the front. Basically you buy one rear sprocket to fit the bike, and the front gears all match what you would have on an E50 for a comparable setup running a 45 rear.

Overpriced Parts /

20x40=18x36 is 2.00 ratio stock ratio is like 2.22

If absolutely stock 2hp za50 with stock pipe, carb and airbox I would leave stock 18x40 gearing, even if you put a performance filter and pipe on stock gearing would still be fine,

If want a bit more speed and power try a metal mesh filter and upjet carb and or a circuit pipe, I had several Newport II’s (and still have one) and they respond well carb/filter changes and with a low end performance pipe they really go good!

My performance reed kitted with big carb builds run 21x35 gears and one has 22x35 gears,

You can go 21 tooth without blowing into magneto area if you finish last few mm with sandpaper rolls on dremel going slow and taking your time checking it with sprocket and a small piece of chain every .5 mm

For 22 tooth sprocket do you need to rough up and coat the inside of the magneto area with a layer of JB Weld/epoxy, thin piece of aluminum in area then dremel with bit then finish with sandpaper roll, if you take your time you will barely go through into inside to the epoxy aluminum sandwich to fit 22 tooth

I did 21x40 za50, circuit pipe, 16mm SHA, 2hp maxi cylinder with flipped clutch on a heavy ass magnum. It was fine I guess? Hit 40 maybe on the flat, take off was okay but i’m a 150lb soi boi

Overpriced Parts /

> c k Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I did 21x40 za50, circuit pipe, 16mm SHA, 2hp maxi cylinder with flipped

> clutch on a heavy ass magnum. It was fine I guess? Hit 40 maybe on the

> flat, take off was okay but i’m a 150lb soi boi

The maxi cylinder sucks compared to the magnum cylinder which is basically a magnum X topend that was 4.2 HP, maxi at least one horsepower less,

Stock gearing, stock carburetor, 14mm intake, stock exhaust with one 5/16 hole in the bottom of chamber and one hole in the endcap and I weigh 200 pounds:

The bike has some upgrades since this video, New crank bearings, new seals new pucks, any bearing that was bad in the engine was replaced, 14 mm bing, treats chamber, mesh filter, it’s a joy to ride, keeps up with kidded bikes,

Yeah and it’s for sale too, email me if you’re interested

Jeff insinna /

That makes alot of sense the way you explain it.... thanks

She’s thick and brought some friends with her, she pulls up & we do some shots of Twitter.

8F5F4694-9E66-4795-AB8A-473E38AD2C53.png

(edited)

I can 100% say a 21 will not blow through the crank case.

I run 18x37 on mine, kisses 40mph, accel is decent

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account