I've never been to Olympus but I want to divulge the dark arts

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah I know I'm on official I'm sort of like the Fallen Angel bringing knowledge to the rest of the plebs all right the first three magic words are

Aero kroil. MMO. BUCKYBALLS...

And the first of the Arcane knowledge to be released is using Hairspray to put on handlebar grips

Another is nail polish to fix coils that has been bared. 9v coil tests.

Add...

Re: I've never been to Olympus but I want to divulge the dark arts

I have a gallon jug of kroil I've been using for about 10 years now. Great stuff.

BUCKYBALLS

slews posts are gonna be recorded one day like nostradamus' quatrains

BUCKYBALLS ???

You drop a couple in the gas tank like a farmer does a cow ?

Hairspray is an old grip-stick tip, along with putting nickles inside to save the ends.

BUT, a lot of modern soft grips react with hairspray now, and they melt.

I use clear spray paint. Spray a little in the grip and slip it on.

If you ever need to remove them, carefully slide a skinny screwdriver under the grip and spray a little carb cleaner inside, and twist it off. Lean your bike over so the carb cleaner doesn't drip on your paint.

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hairspray is an old grip-stick tip, along with putting nickles inside to

> save the ends.

>

> BUT, a lot of modern soft grips react with hairspray now, and they melt.

>

> I use clear spray paint. Spray a little in the grip and slip it on.

>

> If you ever need to remove them, carefully slide a skinny screwdriver

> under the grip and spray a little carb cleaner inside, and twist it off.

> Lean your bike over so the carb cleaner doesn't drip on your paint.

I just use a little chain lube and they pop right off

I only use hot water and/or a heat gun to install/remove grips. works perfecto, and no chemicals eating rubber or paint.

I’ve removed super stuck rock-hard original grips with nothing more than hot air, and kept them reusable.

Oh, and the first house I bought was on Olympus Drive, with a great view of the Olympic Mountains and Mount Olympus

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Ivory soap zip ties a toothbrush,

Swimming pool patch slime ether base starting fluid

Fix a flat outside of the tube tuning not truing of a new wheel that you Reese poked

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Q Bond Gorillaz crazy fillers filings brasses Kevlar McMaster Vibram epoxies

And a partridge in a pear treeeeee.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pickles old wool shirts drain pans of transmission and oil 3 grade lubricant Greece's rad grade or wax Buckyballs Buckyballs Buckyballs...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Three parts Marvel Mystery Oil 2 one part Castrol synthetic ATF...

Blaster oil it goes in your old transmission not your tank silly rabbit oh and rabbit in medieval Irish is Coney which is where you get the word bunny which is also the logo for Tomas

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Oh yeah take off that stuck pedal pin you use a socket and a small C-clamp pops it right out oh and that really really stuck on hand grip no no heating required no you don't have to boil nothing nothing lubed you just take your gooseneck clamp that holds it on to the triple tree off take some bolts put it right at the base of the grip grab to flat-head screwdrivers it will pop right off or loosen it and move it closer move it Lucinda closer until you finally get it off

Pocket knife stab the firm but not too dry garlic bulb remove clove wastes no time

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You got a crank that somewhat stripped kind of holds the nut on you get yourself a rolling paper and red Loctite and a heat gun and next thing you know you have a semi-permanent replacement it will hold until you break it or reheat it it swells the rolling paper with the weird Loctite chemical and it expands into the remaining threads and it will hold it it'll also replace a Woodruff key if you put the rolling paper on the crank wet it down with the red Loctite put it on heat it let it cool you're good to go works on clutches it resists transmission fluid and oil

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A sticky batavus clutch can be cured with old lighter fluid naphthalene spray-on spin-off let dry tap with a brass hammer while engaging spin it off a few times then using a syringe Squirtle little bit of Marvel Mystery Oil on the Hub work it with the launch lever and tap the hammer a few times lately it will clear the Hub channels and the bad of us will run really good that's a great typo one for the gag reel

♣Slew Foot♣ /

O2 really really clean pipe or tank filling it partially with BB's ball bearings nuts and rapping whatever it is in a length of the carpet secure it with rope for belts put it in the back of the pickup for about a month riding or in the trunk of your car what a flop around clean it right out with compressed air you do have to do some kind of acid treatment if you plan to coat it...

« Go to Topic — end of thread