Morini M1 clutch springs?

Hey all,

Been looking on treats, mopeddivision, moriniusa, etc . and I can't find any "sure to fit " clutch springs for my M1. Anyone got a line on some? Currently have a stock clutch and springs and looking to get a bit more out of it. Other mods include 14mm morini intake, treats upgraded reeds (.28mm), mlm sidebleed pipe, and a sha 14/12 with the dellorto screen/cap filter. Running a 65/67 jet.

Thanks!

Andrew

Re: Morini M1 clutch springs?

Thanks Blake. Idk how I missed those. will order a set of the blue ones now.

Charles McCusker /

Man if you could find the ones that used to be on moriniusa. They are amazing and properly sized for the clutch.

I've definitely seen lots of talk about those in my researching these. Apparently they are some godly "white springs"

Yes the white ones. They were majestic.

Charles McCusker /

That would be nice. I ended up using a drift punch on the the spring pins to install.

Stock vs White

Capture3.PNG

Holding any extras Michael?

Update on this. Put the blue springs in and definitely noticed an improvement on the low end. Tempted to try the yellow springs but I dont foresee the setup making enough power for it. Thoughts anyone?

I found just one in an old parts bucket :(

Ugh find one more! I'll even buy the one off you for now if you're willing to part with it

Terbo Speghetti /

So, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the S5 clutch springs (and shoes, for that matter) that they have HERE would be direct m1/m01 swappers...

Yep, thats where I got mine from. They were out of stock last time I checked (2012 LOL). If they have them BUY THEM.

Hah ironically enough i did come across those the other night. Just didn't know if S5 parts were compatible with the M1 clutch. I'll pray they have some in stock

Terbo Speghetti /

It looks to me like s5 clutch stuff is pretty much identical, just hard to say if it has the same taper. But as long as your clutch plate is fine, that shouldn't really matter.

Good point. Luckily my clutch and all the other parts are NOS (2 miles on the moped when I got it). Looking at the springs on the site it seems like the heavy duty ones wont work given the design of the ends. Am I right in assuming the "standard" springs are the "white" springs of lore?

Terbo Speghetti /

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was just spec'ing out springs from somewhere. White or naked or whatever, they could be the same springs.

Have you taken the clutch out of the motor yet? If it's as fresh as you say, it might be a good idea to measure all their dimensions and see what you can do with those numbers.

Almost every spring on treats will have it's dimensions at the bottom, and there are a ton of different gy6 springs on eBay/Amazon/any scooter site that are in the neighborhood. Just gotta hunt that unicorn

I recall that the taper is different. I ordered a clutch and just used the shoes in the the old body.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account