Shocko kit with proma circuit pipe jet size recommendations

Okay before anyone suggests wiki, I've looked. Searched entire site three times and even Google searched for others forums. I have an 80 Pa50ii everything is stock and I'm looking to Port it also with the shocko kit. I was wondering what the size of jet I should be running in my stock carb. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Shocko kit with proma circuit pipe jet size recommendations

Prolly like an 84-88 but that is absolutely a guess and also dependent on how much of the stock air box you have

I think we put one together with a 92 a couple weeks ago.

Every build is different, especially if you're porting. I'd guess somewhere in the low 90's or mid-high 80's

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think we put one together with a 92 a couple weeks ago.

92 is the go to for a dr/proma, the stocko is a bit milder and lower displacement, thats what i was basing my call of it

I got ya. It's all completely stock, amazing condition. So if I didn't Port the carb and didn't match it would I still need to go up to higher 80s jet. Cause I'm still debating to even switch the Piston and cylinder out and just put the pipe on. I recently rebuilt the stock piston, cylinder, gaskets and new head. It runs good except it 4 Stokes at 25. Any solutions?

You can run a stock 49cc jug carb and proma on 78 or an 80 if your on a high flow filter.

The shocko is only sorta close to 60cc and if the carb and intake stay stock with a proma and shocko, thats gonna be the 82 or the 85.

Mayyyybe 88 but I bet that gets four-strokey on the flats unless your "porting" is actually legit then yeah, I'd start with an 88 and test up/down one size each way for lowend, midrange and wot.

I wouldn't expect 90/92 unless you were really killin' it with an aggressive map or boost ports etc.(edited)

Alright. Thanks Monti. I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

I got the proma on with a little wiggle here and there. It doesn't hit my kick stand, so that's nice. I used a dremel to cut two ¼ inch slots on either side to the end of the pipe to slightly reduce the size of the trip so that the baffle would fit over it then tapped it with a hammer to snug it up a little farther.

I put an 80 jet in the carb.

I still have the stock sir box on with a foam insert that was wrung with 5w-30. Is that a big problem?

I took it for a short ride and haven't gotten to WOT but it seems so far so goooooooood. I'm sure I'll just leave the shocko off.

Also picked up a new meatier rear tire and changed the rear oil. 75cc(2.5 ounces) of 80w gear oil.

Are there any possible problems that I need to keep my eye out for?(edited)

IMG_20190905_231035.jpg
IMG_20190905_230939.jpg

weld your baffle on. trust me

Will do thanks.

I kept hard seizing my stocko shocko until I realized the transfers were half closed at bottom dead center so no matter of jetting fixed things until I used a mlm base plate sandwhiched between two paper base gaskets. Then it was easy to jet. I ended up ditching the keihin for a 16 :16 Sha but the keihin would have worked just fine.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account