V1 Hammer Shoe Replacement or Relining?

Hiya Yall,

I believe I have a gen 1 (purchased in Sept 2014) V1 hammer. I am one of the dummies who toasted the kevlar pads in the first 5 miles due to... improper break-in... wrong oil... not presoaking.. or something!? I sanded off the black crust in hopes of running it again but it is just slips all day and never actually grabs. I also blued the bell- do I need a new bell?

Has anyone had luck re-lining these? Is there a service to send them too? Do the jammer shoes fit as a replacement? I want to be one of those people saying how hard this clutch rips!

Thanks for any help!

Re: V1 Hammer Shoe Replacement or Relining?

Ok- just found this site http://www.jwpartsplus.com/jw-clutch-worx.html

They claim to be able to resurface bells and specifically reline the Hammer- GREAT! Has anyone used them?

> RingringBANG ! Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok- just found this site http://www.jwpartsplus.com/jw-clutch-worx.html

>

> They claim to be able to resurface bells and specifically reline the

> Hammer- GREAT! Has anyone used them?

Yep! If yours was originally Kevlar lined in bet that who did it. I know they did the newer Jammers. I've had them do a few clutches for me.

Thanks Stephen!

> RingringBANG ! Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Stephen!

I meant they did the new Hammers not Jammers. Two different clutches.

Yep I've used them. I had a v1 hammer relined with them last year or so? I've had it in a polini e50 with derbi white springs and it has lasted fine and keeps launching hard. Mine is actually the one in their hammer picture

I usually rock pretty short gearing tho, I just jumped up to way tall gear and it was slipping forever so I'm curious how it's doing after that.

Other buddy had a jammer relined with them and the material degraded pretty quickly, I can't remember his setup well enough to figure out what caused that

Oem hammer lining is tribco clutchtex and is some polymer textile thing that fucks itself and glazes forever once you cook it. It seems like the jw stuff is like a sintered kevlar weave material and has held up much better in my own experience. I'm pretty sure jw was recommended to me by trickmetric as less of a pain in the ass than tribco for relining

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account