Tomos a35 27 tooth front sprocket install

Adam Hockenberry /
CF1FB0EA-E904-4104-A64A-1929732688FE.jpeg

I’ve heard mixed opinions on a 27 tooth front sprocket requiring grinding to fit.

Mine needed it, the chain was eating into the case and magneto cover when I test fit it. So, me and the Dremel had a play date.

416F0650-1EEE-4787-9005-9CDFCA13C9D6.jpeg
B32E87E4-B1DA-4569-ADF2-6F6A0DDBB361.jpeg

It wasn’t bad, and I was able to save enough to keep a barrier between the filthy chain and the magneto. I would advise taping and covering up everything you don’t want powdered aluminum on.

Re: Tomos a35 27 tooth front sprocket install

Nice I still like stock 26x22 gearing 25x22 for more torque I live in hilly area

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Mine is 2626 I run in really hilly areas but I leave it all to the clutch material and fluid I have an overpowered kit with a small carburetor and a performance pipe I top out at 35 on level ground but I accelerate up hills

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The problem is when it goes wonky the chain will Bunch up and pinch in there and it will create its own brake in the cover and the case trust me I had this happen going around the corner and it totally wiped me it's like somebody throwing a stick in your tire so I'd be really careful and make sure your alignments are right because if your chain chain tensioner goes it's going to be quits it will actually lock the whole thing up at speed if you're lucky do I have enough space to fall where it can't touch the sprockets

todd amundson /

Anyone running 30 22 in there like myself? That’s case cutting. Sure I’ll go 65 but takes a few hours to get there.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I have a 13t 4 inch rear for speeding...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account