Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Does anyone know an iridium plug that’d work with a Honda express? I know stock they have a bp4hs but as they say go big or go home. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

It's a waste of money.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

buying a moped is a waste of money whats your point?

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

For a stock Honda express? Haha Br4hix.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

If you had an ecu it wouldnt be a waste of money

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Terbo Speghetti /

Why the fuck do you want that? You've got about 20,000 ways to make that engine better that use the stock spark plug. And those ways might actually work hahaha

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

An iridium plug makes perfect sense .

It's a cheap way to get the best/most out of the marginally effective magnetos these bikes employ .

Iridium plugs produce a better spark from the amount of 'juice' available and last a lot longer than standard plugs .

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why the fuck do you want that? You've got about 20,000 ways to make that

> engine better that use the stock spark plug. And those ways might

> actually work hahaha

ok boomer

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Terbo Speghetti /

> Matt Spad Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Why the fuck do you want that? You've got about 20,000 ways to make

> that

>

> > engine better that use the stock spark plug. And those ways might

>

> > actually work hahaha

>

> ok boomer

All that extra spark will hopefully come with a clue. Do you even know what a boomer is?

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Terbo Speghetti /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> An iridium plug makes perfect sense .

>

> It's a cheap way to get the best/most out of the marginally effective

> magnetos these bikes employ .

>

> Iridium plugs produce a better spark from the amount of 'juice'

> available and last a lot longer than standard plugs .

A "better" spark only makes a difference if your spark is too weak to ignite the charge. More spark can't add anything to your bike. It's stupid and it's a waste of money.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Matt Spad Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Why the fuck do you want that? You've got about 20,000 ways to make

>

> > that

>

> >

>

> > > engine better that use the stock spark plug. And those ways might

>

> >

>

> > > actually work hahaha

>

> >

>

> > ok boomer

>

> All that extra spark will hopefully come with a clue. Do you even know

> what a boomer is?

u

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> P D Wrote:

>

> Iridium plugs produce a better spark from the amount of 'juice'

> available and last a lot longer than standard plugs .

That's incorrect. Copper plugs actually give the best spark, they just don't last as long compared to iridium plugs but are you really running 1 plug in your moped for the ~30k miles a copper plug would last, let alone the 60-90k an iridium plug would? No, because it's a two-stroke and they get fouled out way quicker than they wear out.

Waste of money.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

OK guys .

Save your couple bucks , so you can waste it somewhere else . LOL

If iridium plugs don't produce as good a spark , then why do they start a motor easier / quicker ?

I'll run iridium plugs when and where I can .

Why ?

Because I have experienced the difference . It can be the difference between starting and not . That's not to mention the ease of starting . And , so far , I haven't fouled one .

Like every other situation , yer gonna do what yer gonna do . Good luck . ;)

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

The expensive plugs will fire better than a conventional plug, mostly by the grace of the thin center electrode, but in a two stroke with premix the cost vs 3 or 4 standard plugs is really not an issue. If you figure that they will make the combustion chamber "maintenance free" it will not be realized, neither will "150,000 miles" on a single spark plug... realistically... but it is your $$$ to waste.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The expensive plugs will fire better than a conventional plug, mostly by

> the grace of the thin center electrode, but in a two stroke with premix

> the cost vs 3 or 4 standard plugs is really not an issue. If you figure

> that they will make the combustion chamber "maintenance free" it will

> not be realized, neither will "150,000 miles" on a single spark plug...

> realistically... but it is your $$$ to waste.

Periodic maintenance is a must , no matter , and 150K plugs in any motor is a dream .

It's not a waste , because they do the distance with a lot less hassle . ;)

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Fun fact copper is more conductive than both platinum and iridium.

A few people will read that and understand what that means and the rest will leave iridium plugs in for 150000 miles.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Joel P Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Fun fact copper is more conductive than both platinum and iridium.

>

Fact or no , that^ doesn't matter .

What does matter is the fact that iridium plugs help start a motor quicker/easier than standard core plugs and they just happen to last a lot longer . ;)

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

But a basic tune will start any bike on 1/4 kick, idc if the plug is nos from the 70's or flown over from ngk test labs.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> But a basic tune will start any bike on 1/4 kick, idc if the plug is nos

> from the 70's or flown over from ngk test labs.

That may be , as long as the motor has sufficient compression , the carb is good and the electrical system , including the plug , is good enough .

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dickie Thompson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > But a basic tune will start any bike on 1/4 kick, idc if the plug is

> nos

>

> > from the 70's or flown over from ngk test labs.

>

> That may be , as long as the motor has sufficient compression , the carb

> is good and the electrical system , including the plug , is good enough

> .

Yes of course.. if it was missing any of those requirements the plug wouldnt matter.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yes of course.. if it was missing any of those requirements the plug

> wouldnt matter.

Considering the electrical system on many of these bikes works , but , is less than stellar and not really 'good enough' , the plug can make a difference .

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Joel P Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Fun fact copper is more conductive than both platinum and iridium.

>

> >

>

> Fact or no , that^ doesn't matter .

>

> What does matter is the fact that iridium plugs help start a motor

> quicker/easier than standard core plugs

They don't but hey, it's your money to waste. You don't need to explain yourself.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Jarod V. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Joel P Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Fun fact copper is more conductive than both platinum and iridium.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > Fact or no , that^ doesn't matter .

>

> >

>

> > What does matter is the fact that iridium plugs help start a motor

>

> > quicker/easier than standard core plugs

>

> They don't but hey, it's your money to waste. You don't need to explain

> yourself.

Hey , if they don't do anything for you , I'm sorry . I know what they do for me .

Take it or leave it . (edited)

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

It is in my experience from my 15 years of mopedong that only one sparkplug works flawlessly. The cheapest correct one you can buy.

Hell, I got a box of 50 b5hs and b6hs clone plugs for $11 from China like 8 years ago. Still haven't used them all and none have given me any issues.

Always put in a ngk b4 selling a running bike tho. China plugs are great for me, but not everybody.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

i got a bpr6hix it seems to work better so Idk the bike has more power though for now

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Here is a visual performance difference demo.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

I prefer Iridium and CDI. Not going to argue about it. I will say this. The concept of spending too much, or wasting money is hilarious, on a website where many of us devote a wad of cash to ride small 2 strokes.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Fact: Spark plugs are consumable. You can spend what you want, but you will have to replace them.

Myth: you will have a quantifiable performance increase from changing a plug.

Re: Iridium plugs for Honda express?

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Myth: you will have a quantifiable performance increase from changing a

> plug.

Sorry , but , I can't agree with your Myth statement .

I know what actually happens and it's definitely a performance increase .

If you think I'm lying , stop by and I'll let you try starting my XT with a regular plug and then again with an iridium plug .

The difference is obvious .

And , that's just the first part of the improvements .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account