Re: Stage6 MK1 Peugeot Engine

Haha that's definitely one of the biggest things I've seen turned on one of those stupid lathes, good for you making it work. I bought one for 50 bucks and left it on the curb when I moved one time...

It wasn't the easiest thing to set up haha. So, this is an old Emco Compact 8 lathe. It's actually Austrian and it's what the Chinese company (Seig?) used to design there whole mini Lathe thing. Interesting to learn about though. Interestingly I bought this for $50 too!

Oh that's rad, mine was the sub-HF quality no name china one, it was fully trash

What I found really cool was that they had an option from the factory with a vertical mill attachment. I ordered one from a guy but hasnt showed up yet. Looks like this:

IMG_20201221_094948.jpg

Glad to see youre still at it, and that you fixed that copper abomination. :)

I am super curious to see if the 16mm cranks can go the distance with this kit. Im honestly surprised the hobbit cranks do (it appears as some have ran this for awhile right?). Both are pretty long on the variator side and from what I know this kit should make almost double the power of a "normal" air cooled moped kit.

Got the milling attachment, learned sum stuff. Learned a lot actually just from making this one part so that was cool.

Finish ye disc brake wheel hub.

Got caliper bracket in the works.

IMG_20210211_195528.jpg
IMG_20210213_125952.jpg
IMG_20210215_180743.jpg

Also started new radiator mounts. Gonna try something a lil different (i think?).

Someone mentioned this idea so thought I'd give it a go.

Lower mount pipe bending. Did the old sand packing and MAP torch trick. Also lathed a lil guy to help the sides not fold in. This will get tabs and bolt onto the frame. There are little threaded holes and I think I'll drill and tap em to m6x1.00 to hold this on.

Top mount will be modified version of steering stop. Since I put a spacer on my head tube the stock one no longer reaches anyways. Might reenforce it as well with a thicker piece on top. I dunno yet.

IMG_20210202_195623.jpg
IMG_20210203_102349.jpg
IMG_20210215_132258.jpg

Tweaker trash /

Haha yea motobecane ebrs are a joke, if u need motobecane forks buy puch ebrs

> Tweaker trash Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Haha yea motobecane ebrs are a joke, if u need motobecane forks buy puch

> ebrs

These are Peugeot or hobbit ebr hydros, same thing.

Tweaker trash /

Yo flip that er3

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account