So a while back I figured out the Stage6 Hobbit conversion and had great success running it. I wanted to expand it to other platforms so people can play with big power.
I want to make this thread to show the process that goes on behind the design of Treatland parts and the days and months it takes to get things exactly perfect before they are ever even seen by the public eye.
I hit up my buddy Lee, who introduced me to mopeds in highschool with a 103 and asked if he was interested in me building an engine for him. He said sure and sent me over a Malossi case with Doppler crank he had around. I ordered a Stage6 kit and got to work.
This is the first Peugeot engine ive ever built and it was a process. I wanted to share that process as well as how to do it. I will make the parts available for anyone that wants to do it after Lee and I have successfully tested and run it.
Here's the kit fresh opened. I honestly didnt even know if this whole project would work and said fuck it and bought parts and tried it, because you don't know if something's possible or not if you don't try it.
Okay so going into this, I knew both Peugeot and this kit had 40mm stroke, i didnt know anything about stud spacing or deck height. I figured if it didnt work, oh well, spare kit for my hobbit. So first I took the hobbit spacer file and did a quick and dirty adjustment of the studs to match the 103 rectangular pattern. I could then kinda get an idea of how the Oring was going to seal and if it would seal.
I found that it would but the transfers will bleed into the studs. Also since the studs are rectangular, I would have to take some material off the skirt to get the allen bolt heads to fit. I printed an initial spacer with the studs proper and sharpied up the cylinder for dremeling