Beefing up moby engine mount steel?

My moby engine mounts look like they can move a bit, the steel parts that holds the urethane bushings.

I want to reinforce them to the frame, will probably braze some kind of support structure.

What have you done to make the engine mount assembly more rigid?(edited)

Re: Beefing up moby engine mount steel?

I welded some 1/8" flat bar on the backside of the two hanging mounts, connecting them essentially.

I don't know if is necessary because I also welded some flat bar connecting the bottom of the tank to the frame side rail things that the engine mounts are welded to.

^^^ Thats similar to what I have seen tomahawk do on his moby builds if thats worth anything.

I was thinking of doing that plus the swingarm mount tabs up to the frame as well.

Maitlanf Of the Loin /

I had a minarelli v1 welded on

That really strengthened it up

Anonymous User /
scootertrash

I welded a plate across the bottom of the frame cut out from 1 side mount to the other.

A triangular-shaped piece on both sides from the mount to the underside of the frame rail would be much more effective (structurally) than that bar across the 2 motor mounts. That will do little to reduce the twist you're trying to eliminate.

Anonymous User /
scootertrash

Pile it up thick :)

2B403F38-3958-47E3-98A2-B53838812276.jpeg
704C9EE6-31E2-4909-B4F1-29E9D9DD332E.jpeg

Welding them up for racing then you may as well remove the stamped metal silentbloc holders and weld on the threaded half of a 32mm split shaft collar. Makes mount changing so much easier when you rip through a couple of sets a season.

32mmsplitcollar.jpg

With a modified skateboard wheel with bearings the bolt rides on, I've never swapped them out. They don't die.

It's really cool

IMG_7344.JPG

Those skate wheels work pretty good as chain rollers , too . ;)

Yep - 608-2rs bearings for the win (so inexpensive as well)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account