Re: Kitting a za50

Aaron Blair /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Plug chopping is for jetting, you don't change the plug type unless it's too hot or cold. You shouldn't need to worry about that tho if your not going crazy.

You'll need a bigger carb and intake. I assume that you have a 12mm bing, best to go with a 15bing if you want to stick to a single jet carb.

Shift dampeners are REQUIRED, even if your not kitting. They deteriorate over time and fall apart. Then boom, sumfin breaks.

Familiarize yourself with end float. You are going to need to reshim the transmission if you rebuild it. The trans gasket is a specific thickness, so if you decide to not rebuild it DONT RUIN THE GASKET when doing dampeners, flip the 2nd speed clutch while your in there too. Helps delay the shift...

Ruin the gasket or don't reshim right during rebuild and you'll blow the bearings right outta the casting.

You could just do a refresh if the bearings are in good shape. New seals dampeners etc. That's what I did on my first za that only had 200mi and was in great shape.

Don't do it of your not comfortable man. Alot goes into a za, its not just pull apart and re assemble. You need precise mechanist instruments to measure end float, pullers for the bearings.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account