How much would you pay for a kit?

The best kit, for any moped. Off the shelf guru ported metra kit, gilardoni, polini, etc, for any bike, sold by a real company in a box, no cleanup required? (edited)

Re: How much would you pay for a kit?

If you can't port then you gotta pay big money for kits that need no porting.

I think $300 would be most folks max

Is this like the price is right? I'll bid one paso.

I don’t think there’s a flat rate here. Psr was selling ported tccd with a cut head for like $150. I personally wouldn’t do it, but I would rather buy something off the shelf for a customer. Saves us a ton of time and that saves the our clients money. I’d have to know, does it come with a head? Is it tuned to a specific pipe? Cant just have some “guru ported” shit that is hog dicked out. I have a shaw magnum cylinder that is absolutely not tuneable.

It's tunable just takes time.

Send it to me, I'll tune that Swiss cheese kit

Eh I dunno j, the exhaust port is so big I could stick 2 fingers in it. And the transfers are cut to be open. Pretty sure it’s a boat anchor.

Transfers can be open.

It's nbd.

Easier to cut transfers....

You never worked on a chainsaw Or Goped?

I bet it revs to the moon

Yea maybe, but without the correct piston or decking it to work with whatever piston I’ll never know.

I'll never understand folks that have amazing stuff but don't run it.

Dan did that crazy cyl with Kreidler style 360 exhaust and never ran it.

Crying

Oh I tried it, for like 1/2 an hour. I don’t have a tall enough piston for it.

Kevin Bishop /

You could use the stroker crank treats sells. I have been eyeing it for awhile. It might not help at bdc though.

Just mill the base of the cyl.

I just did that on a MK scooter kit.

But that's a benefit of having a lathe I guess

Yea the lathe in our shop is in a closet covered in a 6ft pile of garbage right now. The dude who owns it is such a fucking hoarder, he makes Snordley look like Marie kondo.

I’ll do a port map and post it on here when I get over this cold. (edited)

ALL cylinder kits need to be indexed and matched to the engine receiving the kit. If you can find a guru to do your work, send them the engine and a kit with all of the upgrades (carb intake pipe magneto) and $$$. Otherwise you could learn the procedures yourself.

I mean, yea they could easily tell you what to set the squish gap and timing at. Not that big of a deal. Having a ported cylinder is gonna be a waste if you slap a boss pipe and 90*intake with a sha on it. I think it would have to come as a full kit/carb/intake/pipe and a stack of different thickness gaskets with directions, just like high hp scooty kits have with them.

What I meant was if you could have any porting in any cylinder for any bike

Puch polini made to 47mm for tomos? Doppler 50cc made into 47mm for hobbit? Whatever scooter ports you want into an air cooled puch kit ?

You gonna make a lego cylinder?

Bolt on transfers?

Kit emulation?

Is this the future?

Puch polini is only so good because it’s 43.5 mm and it makes it very smooth revving being perfectly square. Idk if this is some kind of wish list thing, gimme derbi metra with cylinder cylinder reeds, 45mm bores and liquid cooled and with slanty studs holes so it can go on multiple patterns.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account