Tuning hobbit w/ 15.15 SHA

I am not seeing many comparable builds to mine to base my initial jetting and timing off... I have a little PTSD from my last attempt at this kit and want to make sure I'm not chasing the right tune by over-lean conditions.

I have a hobbit w/ DR 70cc cylinder, 46mm head, proma circuit, mlm 15 sha intake, 15.15 dellorto sha.

Stock transmission as far as I know and stock reeds...

Does anyone have a similar build and recommendations for timing/jetting? I have my timing slightly retarded and I'm assuming 70-80 jet range.

Re: Tuning hobbit w/ 15.15 SHA

Start rich and bring it down until the four stroking stops.

I used the stock kehlin on mine. Thing rips.

I see a lot of people using that carb. I'm so used to swapping out stock carbs as a necessity for some of my other bikes, I didn't even think about re-using the kehlin

Remember, since it sounds like you haven't done any trans work.

A poorly tuned tranny can make your bike seem like it has a carb issue.

You must do transmission work if you want to run a hobbit to even 50% of its potential.

This means popping open the rear pulley and cleaning up the metal slides with a dremel, then regrease and maybe add a stronger spring,

And swapping rollers up front to correspond to the rpm range where the bike/pipe makes the most power..

But as far as jetting yeah just pull the rollers out and ride it with no variation and that will give you a good idea. Use a temp gauge and if it's running decent and not too hot start tuning the trans.

Never thought about leaving the weights out before tuning the transmission. I feel like even if the jetting is dead on it would run hot without the variation. High rpms and low speed.

Nope. You don't go ripping at max for hours, just a slow tune.

It's a great place to start tuning a variated bike..

If you can't clear the jetting with no variation you're too rich.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account