Racing crank for Kinetic

I have 97 Kinetic and I'm getting ready to do a rebuild and install a DR 43mm kit. I know that the stock crank will not last long with the kit and the guys at treats recommended this https://www.treatland.tv/mazzucchelli-vespa-12-pin-anticpato-race-crank-p/mazz-vespa-crankshaft-amt156.htm I know my kinetic is a 12 pin crank just wondering if this will work with my bike or not. I'm also going to upload a photo of my bike as well

20191004_091825.jpg

Re: Racing crank for Kinetic

The stock crank should be fine with a dr kit. I used that mazzy crank in my kinetic when I built it, but I also swapped to a variated setup when I did the kit/rebuild. My kinetic crank had a longer threaded portion to hold the clutch on vs the mazzy crank. I’m not sure if my clutch would have worked with it. It may work fine just giving you the heads up.

Awesome thanks man really appreciate you replying you are a big help!!

i'm pretty sure you gotta buy a vespa clutch or at least the vespa hub to go on a non-kinetic crank.

the kinetic crank has better timing than a stock vespa crank... its already 'cut' so to speak so they actually perform really well with a slap-on kit.

if you want to do a slap-on you are probably better off with the malossi because it comes with a head and i don't think the DR will run that much better than a malossi on a stock bottom end but who knows, vespas are a fuckin mystery.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> but who knows, vespas are a fuckin mystery.

truth.

If you swap cranks, you will need to get a vespa single speed clutch.

I agree on the malossi, the transfer ports match up to the cases a lot better vs the dr. If you do get the dr and case match be careful it’s easy to break through on the flywheel side.

Alright, you guys are awesome!! I was really worried about my crank shaping or something after I did the rebuild and started the brake in process.

> - Joe - Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I agree on the malossi, the transfer ports match up to the cases a lot

> better vs the dr. If you do get the dr and case match be careful it’s

> easy to break through on the flywheel side.

I heard that before when I was watching a caio engine rebuild video.

I was considering buying a vespa clutch to go with the crank it seemed like a good idea. You guys are awesome it's not to chat mopeds with people who get it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account