Kreidler mp-19 15mm carb upgrade a mistake? Can’t keep it running.

Hey everyone

I put a bing 15mm carb on my mp-19 along with a bi-turbo pipe and the thing won’t stay running, dies while idling.

I’ve got the metal hi flo air filter on it, but I’ve also tried it without the air filter with the same results

I’ve been messing with different jets, I’ve tried everything between 78-82. The idle screw is pretty much all the way in could maybe turn another 1/8 turn.

When I can get it to start and run long enough to ride it a bit, it won’t go over 26mph, which is pretty much where it was before I swapped the stock carb and pipe.

This is my first moped, I’ve had it for a while now but I’m still pretty new to everything. I’ve read every existing kreidler thread regarding this topic and I’m running out of ideas. Anybody of y’all kreidler folk that did this upgrade maybe might have a pointer or two, any help would be appreciated :^)

Re: Kreidler mp-19 15mm carb upgrade a mistake? Can’t keep it running.

Sounds like an air leak bro

J.H. van der voorn /

Check the float level.

I had the same problems a few years ago and the floatlevel was too high .

> Lucs :) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’ve been messing with different jets, I’ve tried everything between

> 78-82. The idle screw is pretty much all the way in could maybe turn

> another 1/8 turn.

>

> When I can get it to start and run long enough to ride it a bit, it

> won’t go over 26mph, which is pretty much where it was before I swapped

> the stock carb and pipe.

It sounds to me like your jetting is just off. You 78-82 isn't that large of a range to try. You said you can ride it occasionally; what's the plug look like? The plug will tell you what you need to do to the jetting. Look up Plug Chop on the wiki if you're not familiar. You don't have to hacksaw off the threads or anything, just get a good reading on the plug

Idle screw might need adjusted. Nobody’s said it yet so I’m throwing out the obvious.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account