Puch Magnum Bing Upgrade

Jonathan R /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have Magnum XK with a Za50, high torque cylinder and magnum spec stock pipe. The motor is (obviously) not the stock E50 it came with but that's how I got it. It has

12mm Bing (1/12/314). I do however have a 14mm Bing (1/14/157) that I would like to swap over to take advantage of eventual exhaust upgrades MLM. I plan on keeping the stock top end.

My research has led me to believe that all the Magnums came with 12mm Bings with different configurations depending on the HP rating.

Myrons Mopeds Bing Chart

Ive been trying to piece together enough information to make an educated guess on where to start with my 14mm Bing, but maybe some of you know better and can help me get going in the right direction.

I have 2.12A, 2.17, and 2.22 atomizers, a handful of jets from 50s-80s, needle types 1 and 2, and slides #24 and #51.

Ive assembled the carb to a 2HP configuration found on a similar bike (1/14/196) 1984-86 2.0hp Puch Cobra 1, Cobra 2 14mm tall intake, 68 Jet, #24 slide, type 2 needle, and 2.17 atomizer with an unrestricted magnum airbox. Probably going to test tomorrow pending responses. Thanks for your help.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account