modifying stock cylinders and pistins

Besides widening the intake and exhaust port a millimeter or 2, what other modifications do moped mechanics like to do for speed? Did anyone ever drill their own auxiliary port? boost port? or overflow channel? I really hate adjusting timing. Can i do some of these modifications without adjusting timing? I want to keep my 39mm piston and just learn to modify the cylinder and piston.

Re: modifying stock cylinders and pistins

You seek the forbidden knowledge of the porting wizards. Beware

Search and ye shall find the answer to your quest

But beware the wizard of Wayne,

For he will plunge out thine eyes and rip thy dicks

maybe a new thread, specify pictures of modified pistons and clynders. id like to see too.

Dirty30 Dillon /

There are a bunch of threads regarding adding aux exh ports to stock-ish cylinders, as well as chamfering the piston crown into the ports to clear at BDC, cutting windows/ pistons, as well as ringland porting, etc.

A little bit of research will give you a better idea.

Check out the buzzard baron thread. Lots of cool stock porting in different styles there

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Check out the buzzard baron thread. Lots of cool stock porting in

> different styles there

You must have thought you had a good link in that^ post . ;)

pugot

20180730_204350.jpg

Would be very handy to know which bike you are wrenching before you ask for advice.

However, keep in mind that widening a port increases the ability to get more material into the cylinder (or allow more to leak out if you go to far or mismatch the sizes). This will generally give more to torque than RPM. Changing the height of the posts will increase that ports event timing (or allow the event the port is responsible for to short circuit the other events if you go to far or mismatch the timing events).

If you have issues with setting ignition timing I would strongly suggest you seek a mentor-student sort of interaction with someone who wrenches what ever bike you are riding BEFORE grabbing the dremel.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account