Starflight VA 2

Hey new to moped life and been the owner of a 79 Bat with a M48 things pretty mint and has really rode well. Waiting on a new clutch pad becuase mines worn to shit. Looking for ideas on boosting up my speed. Not looking for top end project. Just wanted advise on a carb recommendations? Is an aftermarket exshaust worth losing the clean original look of the stock chrome one? Has 50th rear sprocket front one is 12tooth i believe. Just trying to squeeze some speed out this old bat. Thanks in advance

20191018_131919_HDR.jpg

Re: Starflight VA 2

Not really much for bats. But a dellorto 15/15, intake and a slip on chamber will get you some more pep...I believe the cylinders have alot of room for improvement porting wise too.

Thanks man

My Batavus city does 43. Pipe/kit/Mikuni/remove balls in clutch spring

Kits are hard to come by now though (edited)

moped-army-2bf89193ac8cda9ad3f4e6aa9129e24a.jpg

Sweet Bat! Won't taking the balls out toast my clutch. Ill have the new pad in today so since im already in there I'm thinking of giving it a try.

No it'll just delay engagement until higher rpms. Which is what you want, more power up there.

Good stuff I'm gonna give it a try when i replace the clutch pad. Thanks

> Kevin Marcal Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sweet Bat! Won't taking the balls out toast my clutch. Ill have the new

> pad in today so since im already in there I'm thinking of giving it a

> try.

When I bought this bike it had no balls in this clutch. The clutch plates are grooved to the point that no new pad will fix it, so the clutch always stayed engaged. I would replace the balls with lighter ones, I think removing the balls will shred your clutch with a lot of riding

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account