VM18 on a Morini M1 - Anyone running this combo?

Hey all

Have a Morini M1 with a non-case matched Polini kit, MLM pipe, and a 14.12 SHA. Not itching to change anything at the moment but saw that Treats sells a VM18 intake for the M1 and I'm wondering if anyone has a combo similar to mine with one. I've never messed with a VM before so I'm a little curious. Let me know! Thanks

Andrew

Re: VM18 on a Morini M1 - Anyone running this combo?

my friend runs a similar setup. ev turbo pipe and treats cnc reed block with vm18 and mlm intake. bike rips. tons of torque and hits 47. she was on a 15:15 and went to a vm18 and it made quite a difference.

Hmmm interesting. I also run the treats reed kit. Would you be able to get some jetting info from her? I know VM jetting is pretty tricky. I'm also only familiar with SHAs, Bings and PHVA carbs. thanks! (edited)

VM18 are pretty simple actually. they are super flexible to jetting. usually you don't have to touch any jets besides the main. Shes running a 65 or 70 main with .35mm thick carbon reeds on the block.

I def suggest it if you wanna pick up some nice grunt all around, but def make sure you get a matching intake and upgrade your reed block. stock M1 reed blocks are kinda a joke and if you run a 18mm intake into it, your fluids gonna hit a hard square wall

Sounds promising. Once i have a couple bucks saved up I might pull the trigger on the vm18 carb and intake combo on treats.

I have the treats cnc reed block with .28mm reeds but would consider the .35mm reeds if I get the carb and intake.

Thanks for the jetting info as well!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account