MLM bk100 vs Homet 8p on e50 gila

So...I’ve got a e50 Magnum with a gila kit, v force reeds, 24mm pwk oko carb, new jammer clutch with lightened clutch bell, tomos super Tom Cdi with parma box. Running 15/45 and gps at 49.5. Currently running a honey 8p but looking to swap exhaust for something with a lower start to the power band. Anyone have experience with the homet 8p and the mlm bk100? Hoping the bk100 is the answer to my questions despite the price tag

Re: MLM bk100 vs Homet 8p on e50 gila

I have both. 8p Revs out higher and the BK100 is snappier in the mids. Both are great pipes

Do you have the regular bk100 or the side bleed? If the regular bk100 has a lower low with better mid than the p8 I’d take that over the side bleed which would be even lower for a start to the power band with more sacrifice up too. I don’t hate my setup, just trying to make it more commuter/traffic blaster friendly

Thanks for the input btw Erich

Oh I get that. I should have stated it is a side bleed.

Overpriced Parts /

For commuter/daily use I went with estoril pipes on all my bikes years ago with header bent/modded to fit angle port gila cylinder and never looked back, you can run stock 2 or 3 shoe clutch and use motor oil instead of tranny fluid which is better for gears and bearings

You need to buy the derestricted version or cut open the stinger and remove the “funnel that’s inside normal version, It’s been in this bike for around 8 years

44A56704-110D-45A8-B5DE-8FC4609575EC.jpeg

i hear there is about a month waiting list but the crank pipes are really good too. they dig out real low and just keep revving to the moon. they are also built a lot heavier than the MLM and cheaper.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i hear there is about a month waiting list but the crank pipes are

> really good too. they dig out real low and just keep revving to the

> moon. they are also built a lot heavier than the MLM and cheaper.

Agreed, from the ones that I have seen on bikes! Definitely worth getting. If I was doing another Gila build I would 12/10 get one of those.

8p sucks. It's way to high of a pipe to be usable for anything that isn't racing or multi-geared bikes. Had one and sold it promptly. I have a bk, davinci, lk90, and an estirol now.

6/8p is the best moped pipe, If you can’t hit it then your tune sucks. Anyone who disagrees, I don’t trust their abilities.

8p is a great pipe, when I had one on a slightly modified stock Korado E50 I saw 45mph (GPS’d) and could still pull the hills around Seattle.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 6/8p is the best moped pipe, If you can’t hit it then your tune sucks.

> Anyone who disagrees, I don’t trust their abilities.

6p/8p kicks ass! For the money, cranks pipe cant be beat. I bough one of the first models and it rules. I'm sure they're even better now.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account