Best MLM pipe for 70cc Kstar

Which MLM pipe works best for all-around power with Kstar kit? They're pricey pipes (almost 300 bucks) so I want to get the right one for the kit. Bike is a 1980 Puch Maxi (edited)

Re: Best MLM pipe for 70cc Kstar

up shits creek /

i rock the circuit pipe for $80. kicks ass in the low/mid. fun around town. sounds like a chainsaw ready to explode!!!

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Treats black pipe/chrome pipe/raw pipe is a winner

You don’t need to spend upwards of $300 for a pipe, just grab a circuit or estoril pipe.

I found the answer for my e50. I'm going the polini/15mm bing with 88 jet/boss pipe route. Bam reliable 50 mph with great acceleration

I recommend the Tecno estoril all the wayyyyy.

> Thomas Peffer Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I found the answer for my e50. I'm going the polini/15mm bing with 88

> jet/boss pipe route. Bam reliable 50 mph with great acceleration

Boss pipe is not great for acceleration. I ran one on polini years ago.

I have the MLM people’s pipe on Kstar. It’s decent. +1 proma circuit.

Anybody try the MLM davinci pipe?

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> Treats black pipe/chrome pipe/raw pipe is a winner

This.

Tweaker trash /

> Thomas Peffer Wrote:

> Anybody try the MLM davinci pipe?

Those are very expensive pipes! Like basically that’s my entire engine budget. Like everyone suggested try the estriol! You will be happy, your ears will happy, and your back account. If your just saying screw it because you have a nice check coming then yes, spoil yourself! (edited)

I just bolted up an estoril pipe I had laying around (the one with the "restrictor" in it). Paired with a 78 jet 15mm bing/matching 15mm intake on my 70cc kstar. Haven't taken her out for a test ride just yet as temps are still chilly here. I hope the estoril gives better acceleration than the boss. I'll post the results tomorrow when its a little warmer (edited)

Tweaker trash /

> Thomas Peffer Wrote:

> I just bolted up an estoril pipe I had laying around (the one with the

> "restrictor" in it). Paired with a 78 jet 15mm bing/matching 15mm intake

> on my 70cc kstar. Haven't taken her out for a test ride just yet as

> temps are still chilly here. I hope the estoril gives better

> acceleration than the boss. I'll post the results tomorrow when its a

> little warmer

It not a restrictor is actually helps with the pipes performance on the bottom-end! Iv been very “fast” on that pipe lol

I would recommend a phbg or a cheap clone! It will help a lot with top speed if your worried about restrictions in the system

Estoril

Alex Fredericksen /

Boss pipe is garbage. EVERYONE gets it as a first pipe and I dunno why. Estoril or proma circuit.

Estoril is the pipe that's on there now. Just took the bike out for a test run and acceleration is better however my top speed dropped from 45 with the boss to 40 with the estoril (running 16/42 gears)

Estoril is probably going to want a larger main jet for that top end, did you tune for the new pipe?

Yes I did. Went to a 78 on the main (15mm bing) and leanest needle setting

Found the problem. The gas cap vent was blocked. I took off the gas cap and suddenly went from 40 to 47...so I'm ordering a new gas cap from treats. Better all around power now

Tweaker trash /

> Thomas Peffer Wrote:

> Found the problem. The gas cap vent was blocked. I took off the gas cap

> and suddenly went from 40 to 47...so I'm ordering a new gas cap from

> treats. Better all around power now

Drill hole in the gas cap and add a barb & tube like a dirt bike.

Special thanks to Barack and Ken as well as everyone else who posted on here for all your help. Your jetting suggestion (78 on 15mm bing) and needle setting (richest) and pipe were spot on! I can go around 46-47 mph now (probably top out around 50 but I want to protect the stock crank) and idles/runs overall perfect! Starts first or second kick now. It's all ready for blasting this season. Thank you so much guys!

up shits creek /

as a fello stock cranker - whats ur gears? i'm at 17x40 and pulling 45 on flats. (treats 70cc kit, no case match, 15mm bing, metal mesh air, circuit pipe, 76 jet, 15mm intake(bored out 14mm) )

http://toolbox.martysgarage.info/

keep ur rpms under 9k for safe stock cranking

Gearing is currently 16/42. Which puts me around ~9500 rpms at 46-47 mph. It was still pulling at that speed (albeit slowly but pulling nonetheless) but I let off because of running the stock crank. The 40 mph vdo speedo needle was pointing upside down on the "P" and my gps app confirmed thats a true 46-47 mph and this was on a flat road with no wind or drafting behind any cars (edited)

So you were contemplating a $300 pipe but you're running the stock crankshaft makes lots of sense to me you want to be the first one loaded on the breakdown trailer so you can just get drunk and party during the rally haha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account