2007 Tomos sprint

I have some friends with 70cc kits that easily pass me on the road. I want to keep up with them but I’m not sure if I should drop a kit on it and a bigger carb or just change to a 22t sprocket.

Re: 2007 Tomos sprint

if your tomos is stock dont go down any teeth on the back sprocket! You will gain 2 mph if you do that. But you wont be able to climb any hills at all. If you want to go with less teeth on the rear sprocket you will need to kit your engine for more torque. So just advice from a guy who made that mistake himself lol. Go ahead and kit your engine 64cc keep up with your friends!

With a bit of porting you can make your stocker do 45. The weak point of the tomos Is the cork clutches. Even left stock, first gear gets chewed up rather quickly so if you do kit it be prepared to replace the clutch lining often. (edited)

I do have a Biturbo pipe if that make any difference

Of course that will make a difference! 5-10 mph

And what i don't understand is if you got friends with fast mopeds it seems they would have already helped you get yours rippin!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account