Kitting a Moto Guzzi?

Hey There! Wondered if anybody knows anything about kitting a Moto Guzzi moped. I have got one that I bought for $50 a long time ago. I have rebuilt the engine with new seals, bearings, and gaskets and have fixed stuff like breaks and lights. It runs great now and has for a good while.

I have been batting around the idea of kitting it though. It pulls pretty hard and reliable for stock right now, probably about 25mph, but I would kinda like more.

Anybody know anything about kitting these? What kit will fit? I only found one person who has done it. link for kitted moto guzzi: http://garage.1977mopeds.com/build/Oude+Gueuze+

Re: Kitting a Moto Guzzi?

Tweaker trash /

No to what countryob said.

Look for a Benelli G2 kit. Malossi made a 70cc reed kit for that motor but I believe it’s discontinued now.

https://www.treatland.tv/benelli-G2-moto-guzzi-robin-malossi-kit-p/benelli-malossi-kit-314485.a0.htm (edited)

Tweaker trash /

> Ben Whittle Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No to what countryob said.

>

> Look for a Benelli G2 kit. Malossi made a 70cc reed kit for that motor

> but I believe it’s discontinued now.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/benelli-G2-moto-guzzi-robin-malossi-kit-p/benelli-malossi-kit-314485.a0.htm

Thats why I recommend that page! With out a lot of machine work, ul have a difficult time finding parts. Best bet is to swap the motor

Terbo Speghetti /

> Barack Obama Wrote:

> > Ben Whittle Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > No to what countryob said.

>

> >

>

> > Look for a Benelli G2 kit. Malossi made a 70cc reed kit for that motor

>

> > but I believe it’s discontinued now.

>

> >

>

> >

> https://www.treatland.tv/benelli-G2-moto-guzzi-robin-malossi-kit-p/benelli-malossi-kit-314485.a0.htm

>

> Thats why I recommend that page! With out a lot of machine work, ul have

> a difficult time finding parts. Best bet is to swap the motor

Don't listen to this savage. That's a wonderful bike and it deserves to keep it's original engine. Anything worth doing is hard, build the guzzi

Terbo Speghetti /

And you should know that there's lots of ways to go faster than the kit-slappers with your stock cylinder. Like tons of potential

What size carb do you have on the bike now? 14.12 with an intake to match and a matched inlet on the cylinder will get you going faster. I think I had blue springs in my clutch and opened my transfers a bit. Bike still had great take off and was hitting low to mid 30's.

Seems like most of those robin malossi reed kits got modded to fit garellis. Every once in awhile they pop up for sale. But look into tuning to get more out of what you got. I bet with a 15.15, intake to match, and different pipe you'd get that ripping really well even with a stock kit. R burrito used to swear by the EV Mamba on a robin.

Tweaker trash /

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> > Barack Obama Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Ben Whittle Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > No to what countryob said.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Look for a Benelli G2 kit. Malossi made a 70cc reed kit for that

> motor

>

> >

>

> > > but I believe it’s discontinued now.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Thats why I recommend that page! With out a lot of machine work, ul

> have

>

> > a difficult time finding parts. Best bet is to swap the motor

>

> Don't listen to this savage. That's a wonderful bike and it deserves to

> keep it's original engine. Anything worth doing is hard, build the guzzi

It’s a moped dawg get over it. Will all return to grown one day

Go away Countyob

CHILL out guys!!! Its not that big a deal.

But no, not really interested in a motor swap. I am pretty sure Its got either an sha 15.15 or 14.12 i forget now. it came with a 14.9 which was crazy restrictive and SLOW.

Now as far as kit goes, ben was right on. they actually still sell this kit but it comes modified to fit garrelli.

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=garelli%2Dmalossi%2Dkit%2D314248%2EA0&CartID=1

Whats the difference between the bennelli and garrelli versions of this cylinder? based on the picture, I'd say they made new stud holes. besides that I cant see anything else obvious. What would it take to put this on the g2 bottom end? does the piston skirt need more space than stock?

How much good would it do me to not buy a kit at all and just make sure my intake is large enough and use my welding skills to fit a puch techno circuit up to the stock cylinder setup? not bent on getting a kit, and dont really want to spend tons of money on it... I dont know, you tell me what I should do.

also when all this corona stuff blows over, I will have access to a milling machine and lathe...

Tweaker trash /

Okay one last thing! I have a Moto guzzi trolling frame, if any one needs parts I’ll basically give them away just pay shipping

The entire moped is 20 dollars local pick up only/no engine

DD1399B3-437B-4DF0-983B-92A96D756102.jpeg

I kinda want that. where are you located for pickup?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i would put a pipe on it before even thinking about a kit. pipe, as big of a carb you can, and some porting and you'll be ripping

> Caleb Walker Wrote:

> CHILL out guys!!! Its not that big a deal.

>

> But no, not really interested in a motor swap. I am pretty sure Its got

> either an sha 15.15 or 14.12 i forget now. it came with a 14.9 which was

> crazy restrictive and SLOW.

>

> Now as far as kit goes, ben was right on. they actually still sell this

> kit but it comes modified to fit garrelli.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=garelli%2Dmalossi%2Dkit%2D314248%2EA0&CartID=1

>

> Whats the difference between the bennelli and garrelli versions of this

> cylinder? based on the picture, I'd say they made new stud holes.

> besides that I cant see anything else obvious. What would it take to put

> this on the g2 bottom end? does the piston skirt need more space than

> stock?

>

> How much good would it do me to not buy a kit at all and just make sure

> my intake is large enough and use my welding skills to fit a puch techno

> circuit up to the stock cylinder setup? not bent on getting a kit, and

> dont really want to spend tons of money on it... I dont know, you tell

> me what I should do.

>

> also when all this corona stuff blows over, I will have access to a

> milling machine and lathe...

You're right it seems like they just made new stud holes. You need a different head though and that's what always stopped me. It's like 250-300 for the kit (if you can find it) and the head. Never tried it tho so can't say anything about spacing on it.

> Terry Dean Wrote:

>i would put a pipe on it before even thinking about a kit. pipe, as big of a carb you >can, and some porting and you'll be ripping

Listen to Terry he speaks the truth. Check his builds, he knows his stuff.

Get a pipe, proma circuit seems better than techno circuit as far as performance is concerned. Depends what you want in the end though. Circuit pipe is gonna be nice for city blasting.

Get a bigger carb, at least a 15.15, 16.16. I wouldn't go past a 19 with that stock kit.

Once you get a solid set up tuning a pipe and carb on that kit. Read as much as you can about porting and then read some more. If I was in your shoes I'd try to get my hands on another stock cylinder if possible. That way if you mess up your porting as you get ballsier with it, you have a back-up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account